• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I want to get better at... [Cricket Wise]

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Landing my off-breaks in the same spot twice in a row.
Hitting the ball on the leg side.
Getting my damn front foot moving a little more regularly.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You must at least know how to slog. Thats a front foot shot.
No, I don't. I do have a slog, but its a backfoot slog.

Very true. :laugh: But I do that against spin, pace, short balls, full balls, length balls, etc. It makes no difference and its really weird. Unless I decide before the ball is delivered to go on the front foot - I just seem to back to give myself enough time to play it. Mind you, I never actually have enough time, but that's what I try.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Try front-foot forward defensive shots first. Once comfortable, then pick a predictable bowler who puts it in the same spot unerringly. Come down a bit and play a forcing shot.

Obv it's important to watch the ball closely so you know it's length at time of release