• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I want to get better at... [Cricket Wise]

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Ranji was another who felt that one lost sight of the ball, albeit a split nano-sec, on some front foot shots. Enjoyed the back strokes.

So there, you could either become a Ranji or a SWaugh, tho not nec in Test Cricket

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ranji was another who felt that one lost sight of the ball, albeit a split nano-sec, on some front foot shots. Enjoyed the back strokes.

So there, you could either become a Ranji or a SWaugh, tho not nec in Test Cricket
Pfftt..you mean I can only be as good as Steve Waugh? :-O

shortpitched713

International Captain
No, I don't. I do have a slog, but its a backfoot slog.

Very true. :laugh: But I do that against spin, pace, short balls, full balls, length balls, etc. It makes no difference and its really weird. Unless I decide before the ball is delivered to go on the front foot - I just seem to back to give myself enough time to play it. Mind you, I never actually have enough time, but that's what I try.
If theres ever a North American meet-up, I'm going to have to have to remember to york you into oblivion.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I tend to go back all the time when my trigger movement is happening too late, and I'm not still when the bowler is releasing the ball.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd like to get back to consistently landing it short of a length just outside off and being able to move it both ways off the deck...but I think age is against me, as is having the will.:happy:

I'd also like to watch the ball more closely when I bat, and not just as it cannons into my middle stump.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to get back to consistently landing it short of a length just outside off and being able to move it both ways off the deck...but I think age is against me, as is having the will.:happy:

I'd also like to watch the ball more closely when I bat, and not just as it cannons into my middle stump.
Well Pidgeon, you have been retired for a year now.

Line & length is so over-rated imo. If I could bowl 150 kph, I would bounce everyone, every ball, on any surface.

Then, when I got tired - hand to head.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Batting: Everything.

Bowling: Improve my line outside off, it's good, but i stray too wide, too often and get punished, particularly at 1st XI level.

Fielding: Not too much, mainly a bit of work on ground fielding.

Could do with some major work on fitness too.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I want to get better at not getting bored and getting out. I have no patience, my high score was 77 last season when I trod on my own stumps for no other reason than I was bored with the pitch.

MrDucksWorth

Cricket Spectator
I want to get better at not getting bored and getting out. I have no patience, my high score was 77 last season when I trod on my own stumps for no other reason than I was bored with the pitch.
I'm a bit the opposite of you mate.

Had a three and a half hour net session with my cousin yesterday where I made 5 runs to his 19 runs the first innings and then 68 runs to his 16 runs the second innings.

Since its a net session and I usually play the appropriate shot even if it won't make me runs, seeing as though you can only make runs on strait shots (1 run for past the bowler, 4 for well past the bowler, 6 in the air and well past the bowler), you could imagine how many balls I had to face from my cousin over about a 2 hour period to make 68. Probably harder on the bowler though, but I really had to battle and talk my way through the whole time.