• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Leg-side Batting

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
thanks alot the foot movement is there cuz if i need to i can usually get behind the ball. i think its the front foot and the grip that needs fine tuning
Remember your backlift too, the bat must be parallel to the ground when the bowler is running in and must be lifted high just as the ball is in flight, following through the whole way if you want to play a drive.

kenny44

Cricket Spectator
Try a leg stump guard.

First movement back foot across. Do not plant your front foot until you have judged the line of the ball. Plant your front foot just outside the line of the ball and play as straight as possible.

Save leg glances etc until you are well set in your innings.

Play straight until you are seeing the ball like a beach ball.

With a bit of practice I'm sure you will find you will get out less by LBW or getting bowled.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Try a leg stump guard.

First movement back foot across. Do not plant your front foot until you have judged the line of the ball. Plant your front foot just outside the line of the ball and play as straight as possible.

Save leg glances etc until you are well set in your innings.

Play straight until you are seeing the ball like a beach ball.

With a bit of practice I'm sure you will find you will get out less by LBW or getting bowled.
I play straight to a fault, nearly never play a cross bat shot, also i've never been out lbw. It's certainly a footwork issue and the planting down of the front foot throwing me off.

Mister Wright

I play straight to a fault, nearly never play a cross bat shot, also i've never been out lbw. It's certainly a footwork issue and the planting down of the front foot throwing me off.
Jinxed yourself here imo. First innings of next season - watch out.

Matteh

Been a couple in the nets where i've stuck my foot out to the pitch of the ball only for the ball to land on my foot, but not done that in a game yet.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Be careful not to attempt the LG on a ball landing close to foot. It may carry to the 'keeper for a catch