• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best way to turn a cricket ball

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
Bowl off spin, its much easier...

But seriously... I used to try and bowl leg spin, couldn't turn the ball at all, but my googly turned a mile? dont know how i could bowl awsome googlies but not very good leggies...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The zooter was really just another fancy name for a slider.

For the flipper, keep it pretty much to a regular leg spin grip. But you don't use your main spinning finger - instead, it's almost like a "clicking" action that your fingers make as you let go of the ball. You squeeze it out, trying to get as much backspin on it as possible, and when you've delivered it your thumb sticks out towards where the batsman is, and the rest of you hand is almost like a clenched fist. The index and middle finger move back on the ball, while the thumb underneath pushes forward; all of which gets backspin on it.