Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inswingers

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I haven't bowled with a two piece for a while, but they do tend to swing everywhere.
    Agree the swing is over exaggerated.

You sound like me. Went through a faze of bowling inswingers then outswingers then inswingers. Now i quite comfortably are able to control the ball both ways with the outswinger being my preferred choice of ball.

Just practice in the nets, getting a consistant line and adjust all the time to get the perfect area. But remember not to bowl the inswinger every single ball, batsman will find it predictable and your wickets tally will fall. You mentioned you bowled outswingers for 6 months, how about chucking one of them in or a cross seamed straight ball.
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." MJ

Banned
    yea i switched to outswing about early this year for the latter half of last season.

I find i can bowl faster using my natural action without worrying about the wrist release, and its a natural inswing so its just about finding the right line again i guess.

Banned
    so basically with the 2 piece i just need to bowl it further outside off stump to compensate for the swing? cause sometimes it feels like the ball doesnt swing as much when i do and it goes wide outside off, but maybe im just pushing it too far.

If you are boomaranging it, go round the wicket and bowl as a left arm over the wicket bowler.

First Class Debutant
    I'd say to stick with your best delivery run-up and action and vary the rest (grip, ball placement, velocity etc). If you play around too much with wide vs close-in, you may sacrifice control, tip off the batsman and possibly lose the ability to swing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information