• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast Bowling expression - "Bend your back"

bond21

Banned
I have been told to do this by people in my team and i cant figure out what exactly they mean

Is the bending of the back during the jump before release or the follow through after release?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I have been told to do this by people in my team and i cant figure out what exactly they mean

Is the bending of the back during the jump before release or the follow through after release?
After release.

When you release, you should be in a high upright position and bending your back simply means putting your all into the delivery and your back and head going down with the arm at release.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
It could be both, tho I'd venture to say it would be more towards before release.
Shaun Tait as an example has extravagant bend back before release and subsequent follow thru after.
The point of the term is speed; wind up and let go, with nary a concern for anything else.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not a technical term. It means you're tanking at the crease and you should put more into it because you're being lazy!