• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Video Analysis

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Just watched the batting one. You looked pretty front on when playing off the back foot. Some people subscribe to that theory (Ian Chappell being an obvious one), but a lot of others believe you should still be side on. See how your feet are pointing upwards towards the bowler or in front of cover when playing off the back foot. Also, against quicker bowlers, the fact that you're not really moving back at all - you're still on the crease when playing off the back foot - will make it tougher to play those back foot shots as cleanly. Give yourself more time by getting back.

sps

Cricket Spectator
the only batting video i saw you seemed alright. Sort of strange bowling action thought.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting, though tough to get an exact picture due to the angle. Have only watched the batting video so far.

The obvious problem is the footwork and there are 2.

1) When playing back there is not real movement back. The front and back feet kind of scooch together somewhere near the crease. Its poor for balance and makes it difficult to get into position. When playing a short ball it is important that the back foot goes into the crease and the front foot joins it. This gives time and space to get balanced, get in position and play the ball. Use the crease by taking the backfoot deep. Will make a big difference

2) When playing forward the back foot turns too early and this makes it hard to balance. It points towards the bowler too early and this gives a far less stable base. Note the shot at 1min 25 and how early the backfoot turns and how that causes you to be off balance.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, was waiting for Goughy to come in and say everything I was saying was wrong.

He didn't. :cool:
:)

I dont read others posts on subjects like this before I post as I dont want to get swayed or influenced by anything apart from what I see with my own eyes.

Reading yours now, its comforting to know you saw the same thing and that he has a couple of things we both agree he can work on. :)