Thread: Finding a team in the middle of a season?

Finding a team in the middle of a season?

Surely this is the wrong thread but I wouldn't get a response if I posted it in the Club Cricket forum. So I want to play a few games over Christmas and maybe until the end of the season next year. I've accepted that it may be hard as teams have been formed and thought I'd try and join the lowest team we have at the club in sub-districts. Left a message on the captain's phone and he never rang me back.

So what can you do? Find another club? What would happen if someone randomly turned up at one of your trainings and went alright? Would the captain/coach try to sign you up or tell you to take a hike and get out of their nets?

Anyone tried this before or got advice?
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Due to moving around I find myself in the position of looking for clubs at diferent times of the year rather than just at the beginning of the season.

The best way is to find out when they have nets and go down. Introduce yourself, have a net and then have a beer after with some players.

Dont be shy of just turning up.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Banned
    id ring the president of the club instead of the captain, they tend to handle new players and rego etc.

or as goughy said turn up to the nets. If you're half decent they will probably ask you to sign up.

Yeah, we have new guys turn up all the time. Always welcome them.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    Surely this is the wrong thread but I wouldn't get a response if I posted it in the Club Cricket forum. So I want to play a few games over Christmas and maybe until the end of the season next year. I've accepted that it may be hard as teams have been formed and thought I'd try and join the lowest team we have at the club in sub-districts. Left a message on the captain's phone and he never rang me back.

So what can you do? Find another club? What would happen if someone randomly turned up at one of your trainings and went alright? Would the captain/coach try to sign you up or tell you to take a hike and get out of their nets?

Anyone tried this before or got advice?
    If I were you I would contact QLD Cricket and ask if they know of any teams who are struggling for numbers.

sps
    I changed clubs half way throught season I asked chairman and coach he wasnt to bothered. If your any good you will probably end up playing

Thread Information