• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finding a team in the middle of a season?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely this is the wrong thread but I wouldn't get a response if I posted it in the Club Cricket forum. So I want to play a few games over Christmas and maybe until the end of the season next year. I've accepted that it may be hard as teams have been formed and thought I'd try and join the lowest team we have at the club in sub-districts. Left a message on the captain's phone and he never rang me back.

So what can you do? Find another club? What would happen if someone randomly turned up at one of your trainings and went alright? Would the captain/coach try to sign you up or tell you to take a hike and get out of their nets?

Anyone tried this before or got advice?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Due to moving around I find myself in the position of looking for clubs at diferent times of the year rather than just at the beginning of the season.

The best way is to find out when they have nets and go down. Introduce yourself, have a net and then have a beer after with some players.

Dont be shy of just turning up.

bond21

Banned
id ring the president of the club instead of the captain, they tend to handle new players and rego etc.

or as goughy said turn up to the nets. If you're half decent they will probably ask you to sign up.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Surely this is the wrong thread but I wouldn't get a response if I posted it in the Club Cricket forum. So I want to play a few games over Christmas and maybe until the end of the season next year. I've accepted that it may be hard as teams have been formed and thought I'd try and join the lowest team we have at the club in sub-districts. Left a message on the captain's phone and he never rang me back.

So what can you do? Find another club? What would happen if someone randomly turned up at one of your trainings and went alright? Would the captain/coach try to sign you up or tell you to take a hike and get out of their nets?

Anyone tried this before or got advice?
If I were you I would contact QLD Cricket and ask if they know of any teams who are struggling for numbers.

sps

Cricket Spectator
I changed clubs half way throught season I asked chairman and coach he wasnt to bothered. If your any good you will probably end up playing