• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where do you look when you run in to bowl?

bond21

Banned
Like do you look at the spot on the pitch where you want to pitch the ball, look at off stump, the batsman or what?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I usually just look vaguely outside the top of off stump. It is interesting though, if I fixate on the spot where I want to pitch the ball, I can get 5/6 balls exactly where I want it, albeit with a loss of pace and swing.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, where you want it to pitch is good. Looking back over your shoulder though can sometimes confuse the batsman.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
You should be looking where you want the ball to pitch. Same way in darts you look where you want the dart to go and not at the top of the board.

Looking where you want it to pitch is the best way if maximising the chances of accuracy, however it is possible but less likely to achieve success looking somewhere else, stumps, blockhole etc.

bond21

Banned
yea cause i used to look at the crease even though my run up was perfect, then look up with a few steps to go.

trying to correct it now

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
yea cause i used to look at the crease even though my run up was perfect, then look up with a few steps to go.

trying to correct it now
Yeah, its one of the worst things to do as it ruins balance in delivery. Good on you for recognising it and trying to work it out.

Looking where your feet will go is an easily curable mistake that should have a good payoff.

bond21

Banned
yea noone had ever recognised it throughout juniors and a few years in seniors until I was bowling to a fast bowler in the nets yesterday, he picked up on it after about 3 balls.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
look at where you wantto pitch then look up at the batsmen then back to the pitch. best training i had bowling wise for nsw u15's.....place a 5 or 10cent piece on the wicket, and see how many times you can hit, and eventually you will be almost on it or close to it every ball with enough practise...... good little trick works very well....

to start of with no pace just accuracy and then when that is going nicely speeden the delivery up a bit...brilliant. worked well for me.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm trying that tomorrow.
Tried the one where as you coil you bowl the ball by flicking your wrist forward and then bring your right arm over as you would normally?

Batsmen can't pick it up at all.