• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pace

bond21

Banned
I agree, I have faced the bowling machine and asked what the speed was, the guy said it was C grade pace....I said no way its C grade pace, as I have faced A Reserve bowlers who bowl as quick as what I was facing. Youre right its because the ball is hard to pick up because you dont watch the ball out of the hand, so you pick it up later.

And we have a saying in my club - **** gets wickets.

I have seen so many people get out to absolute pus deliveries, yet someone bowling well doesnt get any.

weaker batsmen tend to see a loopy ball and smack it, but theyre usually caught in the outfield or top edge it or something, where as if they see a good ball they will try and defend it and not get out.

As you go up the grades, if you bowl pus you will get absolutely clobbered.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I agree, I have faced the bowling machine and asked what the speed was, the guy said it was C grade pace....I said no way its C grade pace, as I have faced A Reserve bowlers who bowl as quick as what I was facing. Youre right its because the ball is hard to pick up because you dont watch the ball out of the hand, so you pick it up later.

I have seen so many people get out to absolute pus deliveries, yet someone bowling well doesnt get any.

weaker batsmen tend to see a loopy ball and smack it, but theyre usually caught in the outfield or top edge it or something, where as if they see a good ball they will try and defend it and not get out.

I think that saying goes a lot further than your club!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

When coaching junior cricketers I sit them down, with their parents, and tell them the there are ways of getting wickets at Junior level and getting good numbers that will hurt them in the long run.

Its not about making them the most effective bowler at 11, 12, 13, 14 etc but teaching them the right things that will lead them to being the best possible player when they are 16,17, 18 etc.

Especially young leggies. They throw Angel rapers into the clouds and get bad players swinging all over the place and taing bucket loads of wickets. Despite that method being effective, it isnt part of their cricketing education and they have to rebuild what they plan to do and what pace they bowl.

Bad batsmen getting out to bad deliveries hurts the progression of the bowler.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
When coaching junior cricketers I sit them down, with their parents, and tell them the there are ways of getting wickets at Junior level and getting good numbers that will hurt them in the long run.

Its not about making them the most effective bowler at 11, 12, 13, 14 etc but teaching them the right things that will lead them to being the best possible player when they are 16,17, 18 etc.

Especially young leggies. They throw Angel rapers into the clouds and get bad players swinging all over the place and taing bucket loads of wickets. Despite that method being effective, it isnt part of their cricketing education and they have to rebuild what they plan to do and what pace they bowl.

Bad batsmen getting out to bad deliveries hurts the progression of the bowler.
hey goughy what standard of cricket did you or have you or are playing. and do you have your g ticket. just asking.

i played first and second grade sydney grade with a little state in there. but you seem to have a great lknowledge of the little specific things that alot of ppl wouldnt !