• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Link to CricketWeb Coaching Section and Resources

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just out of interest, has any thought been given to a review or comments section on different equipment, or have we avoided it due to the risk of spamming from retailers etc?

Equipment's expensive these days - I wonder whether an equipment review or comments section might be worthwhile.

chyickenkeev

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Just out of interest, has any thought been given to a review or comments section on different equipment, or have we avoided it due to the risk of spamming from retailers etc?

Equipment's expensive these days - I wonder whether an equipment review or comments section might be worthwhile.
woodworm kit is chea nowadays, i got top notch batting gloves worth nearly £100 reduced to £30

Woodworm Direct - Cricket Bats & Equipment - Shoes, Helmets, Pads

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
of course yh they went bankrupt but they have released the i range tho.

don't like them. Horrible.

timet

Cricket Spectator
CricketWeb has extensive coaching material available on the site to help cricketers improve and learn.

Sections include Batting, Bowling, Fielding and Terms

Cricket Web - Coaching Home
Great site, and I found the tips on bowling faster especially relevant.

One more point I would add on the topic of bowing fast is the importance of your chest drive. Just before you let go of the ball, drive your chest forwards and downward in your bowling action (the attached photo is a good example). This helps stretch your powerful chest muscles to propel the ball at faster speeds. Also remember to snap your wrist when bowling to add that little bit of extra pace.

Attachments