Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visualisation The Key To Cricket Success

Cricket Spectator

Visualisation The Key To Cricket Success

1- An excellent cricket tip is the power of visualisation. It is a skill, which is often neglected by cricketers. For batsmen, bowlers and fielders at any level of the game it is an important skill that should be mastered.

2- Visualization or guided imagery is a very powerful technique that can help increase both your efficiency and effectiveness in achieving your cricket goals

3- You must see your goals clearly and specifically before you can set out for them

4- When you begin to use visualisation techniques, you want to mentally create a vivid scene in you mind of your wanted outcome.

5- Actually visualise your success, picture yourself taking that critical wicket or scoring that winning run.

6- Make visualisation a daily activity, to go alongside your other cricket training.

7- When using visualisation never ever consider failure or giving up as this will likely be the eventual outcome. Always have a positive mental attitude

8- Dream big and aspire to succeed at the highest levels, be patient, work hard and persevere there is nothing except yourself stopping you from achieving your goals in cricket.

These are the most important things you should keep in mind to succeed in cricket

Now, it is your turn to comment
    StValentine

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    ITSTL.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Visualisation is a really handy tool. People do it in different ways and means, but I find it best as a form of positive re-inforcement. Often just taking a second at the top of my mark and visualising exactly what I want to be doing with the ball, where I want it to be landing, what I'm specifically planning to do with the ball, is much more helpful than just running in hoping to bowl another "good ball".

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ITSTL.
    jeez...what does that mean?
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Visualisation is a really handy tool. People do it in different ways and means, but I find it best as a form of positive re-inforcement. Often just taking a second at the top of my mark and visualising exactly what I want to be doing with the ball, where I want it to be landing, what I'm specifically planning to do with the ball, is much more helpful than just running in hoping to bowl another "good ball".
    I have read something about all this visualisation stuff before..very interesting...to do with establishing pathways in your brain and stuff.

Unfortunately me reading about it didnt establish too many pathways for easy recall, so I cant remember the vital detail..

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    jeez...what does that mean?
    Interesting to say the least. You and Murphy got on did you not?

Interesting to say the least. You and Murphy got on did you not?

ahh right!!!!

To be honest I dont even know who Murphy is/was

Posting-ID is benchmark00 - he was banned nearly a year ago now. He was an Aussie, and by-and-large Aussies liked him, which is why I'd be surprised if you didn't.

His ghost still haunts CW, very much, and punning and his high acronym-use are about the only things I share with him the enjoyment of. He invented many abbreviations\acronyms, ITSTL being the most famous, and is used almost daily on CW and MSN.

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Haha, waiting for Richard to miss this.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    I've often heard Shane Warne say he would always visualise the shot he wanted the batsman to play against him, rather than the the ball he wanted to bowl. I always found that interesting.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Asif Din (legendary Warwickshire cricketer) would sit with his pads on, with his eyes closed, visualising an entire innings in his head before he went out to bat. No matter how long it was before he went into bat, he would keep it up until he had to walk out.

Doesn't have spectactular stats, but was solid nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Asif Din (legendary Warwickshire cricketer) would sit with his pads on, with his eyes closed, visualising an entire innings in his head before he went out to bat. No matter how long it was before he went into bat, he would keep it up until he had to walk out.

A Din was one of my favourite players on Cricket 96.

I'm pretty sure Brett Henschell tried to teach that sort of visualisation as well. Preparing your mind for your opponents and the pitch you're likely to play on and stuff.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post

Visualising 26* (59) must've been pretty dull
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    I didn't see him visualising before the Warwickshire Greatest Ever Twenty/20 match, but i guess he figured it was just a knockabout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information