• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Visualisation The Key To Cricket Success

stvalentine

Cricket Spectator

1- An excellent cricket tip is the power of visualisation. It is a skill, which is often neglected by cricketers. For batsmen, bowlers and fielders at any level of the game it is an important skill that should be mastered.

2- Visualization or guided imagery is a very powerful technique that can help increase both your efficiency and effectiveness in achieving your cricket goals

3- You must see your goals clearly and specifically before you can set out for them

4- When you begin to use visualisation techniques, you want to mentally create a vivid scene in you mind of your wanted outcome.

5- Actually visualise your success, picture yourself taking that critical wicket or scoring that winning run.

6- Make visualisation a daily activity, to go alongside your other cricket training.

7- When using visualisation never ever consider failure or giving up as this will likely be the eventual outcome. Always have a positive mental attitude

8- Dream big and aspire to succeed at the highest levels, be patient, work hard and persevere there is nothing except yourself stopping you from achieving your goals in cricket.

These are the most important things you should keep in mind to succeed in cricket

Now, it is your turn to comment

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Visualisation is a really handy tool. People do it in different ways and means, but I find it best as a form of positive re-inforcement. Often just taking a second at the top of my mark and visualising exactly what I want to be doing with the ball, where I want it to be landing, what I'm specifically planning to do with the ball, is much more helpful than just running in hoping to bowl another "good ball".

Swervy

International Captain
Visualisation is a really handy tool. People do it in different ways and means, but I find it best as a form of positive re-inforcement. Often just taking a second at the top of my mark and visualising exactly what I want to be doing with the ball, where I want it to be landing, what I'm specifically planning to do with the ball, is much more helpful than just running in hoping to bowl another "good ball".
I have read something about all this visualisation stuff before..very interesting...to do with establishing pathways in your brain and stuff.

Unfortunately me reading about it didnt establish too many pathways for easy recall, so I cant remember the vital detail..:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Posting-ID is benchmark00 - he was banned nearly a year ago now. He was an Aussie, and by-and-large Aussies liked him, which is why I'd be surprised if you didn't.

His ghost still haunts CW, very much, and punning and his high acronym-use are about the only things I share with him the enjoyment of. He invented many abbreviations\acronyms, ITSTL being the most famous, and is used almost daily on CW and MSN.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've often heard Shane Warne say he would always visualise the shot he wanted the batsman to play against him, rather than the the ball he wanted to bowl. I always found that interesting.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Asif Din (legendary Warwickshire cricketer) would sit with his pads on, with his eyes closed, visualising an entire innings in his head before he went out to bat. No matter how long it was before he went into bat, he would keep it up until he had to walk out.

Doesn't have spectactular stats, but was solid nonetheless.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Asif Din (legendary Warwickshire cricketer) would sit with his pads on, with his eyes closed, visualising an entire innings in his head before he went out to bat. No matter how long it was before he went into bat, he would keep it up until he had to walk out.

A Din was one of my favourite players on Cricket 96.

I'm pretty sure Brett Henschell tried to teach that sort of visualisation as well. Preparing your mind for your opponents and the pitch you're likely to play on and stuff.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member

Visualising 26* (59) must've been pretty dull :p

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't see him visualising before the Warwickshire Greatest Ever Twenty/20 match, but i guess he figured it was just a knockabout.