Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Winter Training

School Boy/Girl Captain umop 3p!sdn's Avatar

Winter Training

Well the English cricket season is drawing to a close, and as usual my game has peaked with few games left. It got me thinking what do the pros do during the winter, ignore ones that go overseas, what do the ones that stay at home do? Do they work out? Do they still work in the nets, and have throwdowns?

I was thinking what can I do over the winter to make sure I can go into next season with the biggest advantage over other players. I know that I could improve fitness, but would building muscle also help? What muscles should I work on if so? What type of training should I do to get my body into good, shap because to be honest I am a bit of a twig.

ALSO, do you think working on technique over the winter with throwdown etc. would beninfit my game, or are all these things just as useful if you start a month before the new season?

sps
    when i went to district we were told that we should hold our arms out in a crusifix for about 5 mins to build certain muscles that help you in batting and bowling.... it really hurts after a while.

and i think throwdowns would be good to keep your eye in for early matches next season.

School Boy/Girl Captain umop 3p!sdn's Avatar
    I will definately have throwdowns once or twice a week. Anyway I have purchased a fitness regeim.

Thread Information