• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Winter Training

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well the English cricket season is drawing to a close, and as usual my game has peaked with few games left. It got me thinking what do the pros do during the winter, ignore ones that go overseas, what do the ones that stay at home do? Do they work out? Do they still work in the nets, and have throwdowns?

I was thinking what can I do over the winter to make sure I can go into next season with the biggest advantage over other players. I know that I could improve fitness, but would building muscle also help? What muscles should I work on if so? What type of training should I do to get my body into good, shap because to be honest I am a bit of a twig.

ALSO, do you think working on technique over the winter with throwdown etc. would beninfit my game, or are all these things just as useful if you start a month before the new season?

sps

Cricket Spectator
when i went to district we were told that we should hold our arms out in a crusifix for about 5 mins to build certain muscles that help you in batting and bowling.... it really hurts after a while.

and i think throwdowns would be good to keep your eye in for early matches next season.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
I will definately have throwdowns once or twice a week. Anyway I have purchased a fitness regeim.

jilan

Cricket Spectator
Would beninfit my game, or are all these things just as useful if you start a month before the new season??????????