• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Fitness

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
I usually find I peak near the end of the cricket season, this season more than doubling my total runs in the last quarter. I think this could be down to fitness, now as the cricket season draws to an end, I would like to know iver the winter what types of things could I do to work on my game? I have already decided to work on fitness and have started going to a gym is there anything else.

mark_waugh

Cricket Spectator
I took up cycling, which increased my overall fitness. After about 3 months of cycling i was aerobically alot fitter which helped on the field. I could field, bowl and bat without becoming tired as quick. Could try running, swimming or any thing that helps your aerobic system.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You could take up Indoor Cricket over the winter. That does wonders for your close in fielding and isn't too bad for the fitness (it also keeps you turning your arm over during the winter months to make sure that when you start bowling in the summer it doesn't come as such a shock to the system; which is imperative at my age)