Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: SAQ: Speed - Agility - Quickness

  1. #1
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,857

    SAQ: Speed - Agility - Quickness

    Has anyone much experience of SAQ (Speed - Agility - Quickness) drills and coaching? I'm looking at incorporating a small amount into my winter coaching programme for my East Devon U12s, and beyond the basic cone work I'm a little shy on inspiration. I've found a book - SAQ Cricket - on Amazon that I'm gonna get hold of, just wondering if anyone has any ideas?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  2. #2
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    Is there any need?

    I have SAQ for rugby and it's a bit OTT for age group teams.

    Especialy for U12s, i think the emphasis should be on skill not fitness.

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    Has anyone much experience of SAQ (Speed - Agility - Quickness) drills and coaching? I'm looking at incorporating a small amount into my winter coaching programme for my East Devon U12s, and beyond the basic cone work I'm a little shy on inspiration. I've found a book - SAQ Cricket - on Amazon that I'm gonna get hold of, just wondering if anyone has any ideas?
    Is SAQ what the English call plyometrics?

    I don't know if it is, but it sounds like it. If it is, have a look for plyometric drills online. There are plenty.
    Last edited by Goughy; 13-01-2007 at 01:54 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  4. #4
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Is SAQ what the English call plyometrics?

    I don't know if it is, but it sounds like it. If it is, have a look for plyometric drills online. There are plenty.
    It's not a million miles away. Will do a bit of googling.


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,857
    Quote Originally Posted by open365 View Post
    Is there any need?

    I have SAQ for rugby and it's a bit OTT for age group teams.

    Especialy for U12s, i think the emphasis should be on skill not fitness.
    All about variety and difference and looking for little extra 10%s. The basic skill levels of this squad are good to very good; the basic athletic skills are not - and that's a 'not when compared to other 12 year olds'. As well as being something slighty new and slightly different to godforsaken catching practice, it's an area we can make a significant improvement at a decent pace. It's not like I'm doing any more that 10-15 minutes per session anyway.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Your Net Connection Speed
    By V Reddy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 01:42 PM
  2. Bond will not sacrifice speed
    By James in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2006
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 27-10-2006, 02:52 PM
  3. Umpiring - Speed of Decisions
    By Neil Pickup in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 11:49 AM
  4. Bowling Speed In Demo (Question for Devs)
    By scritty in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •