• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My bowling action - For critique

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm sure I do somewhere. As for "what is ****?" - just the wrist tilting backwards so your arm's not all limp and floppy; you probably do it naturally.

Attachments

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
open365 said:
Am i the only one who thinks you bowl like Chris Martin?
no! I couldn't believe the resemblance when I saw myself and have been looking for a video to compare.. Glad you mentioned it, I think he has a good action

User Name

Cricket Spectator
adharcric said:
Pretty much agree with Goughy and SS.

1) You need to use the run-up to your advantage to build momentum and pace in your bowling and not just as a formality.
Increase the length and gradually increase the pace at which you run.

2) As SS said, bend your back more and get some extra forward momentum at the time of delivery.

3) The direction looks good overall but I think I noticed you swerving in closer to the stumps at the last moment - perhaps it was just the angle.
You looked slightly imbalanced to me at first but I think it's fine.

Good stuff for a start. If I had an action like that, I'd still be an opening pace bowler. :unsure:

3) is what occurred to me as well - isn't a huge issue but you'll be wasting some momentum. your left leg comes across your body a bit.

Attachments

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
See if you can jump higher and bend your back??

Maybe its the angle, but check to make sure your toes aren't pointed towards the slips.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Depends, really. My front foot points to the slips and I firmly believe it helps bring the hips through and generates far more explosion.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Depends, really. My front foot points to the slips and I firmly believe it helps bring the hips through and generates far more explosion.
I'll defer to you on this but I've always thought it will hurt your consistency a little bit.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
On first viewing, the action looks fine to me. Only minor issue is that the runup is more 'prancing' than 'purposeful' but I guess thats your style :)

I would guess you haven't had sprint training though.

EDIT- On 2nd viewing, apart from the above, I quite like it. The left arm looks strong.

Last edited: