• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could get some coaching ... who would you get it from?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Batting: Sir Geoff - Who else. The greatest batting mind in the world

Bowling: Ntini - I bowl very similar too him but I am a lazy so and so. We could exchange notes and he can show me his fitness regime and emphasise hard work

Fielding: Sir Geoff - Was a bad fielder early in his career who made himself through hardwork and practice a very good one. Jonty could not explain things as they came to easily and natural too him. "for this exercise you dive 4m, bounce up and throw the stumps down from your knees. OK Go!"

Captaincy: Brearley - We come from different backgrounds and generations and he would be able to look at things from a alternative POV and help me to think about different aspects of the game.

Last edited:

open365

International Vice-Captain
Batting: Geoff Boycott
Bowling: Troy Cooley
Fielding: Gary Prat
Captaincy: Mike Brealey

I'm suprised so many people have ignored the current coaches and gone for the best players, no offence meant to the guy, but i don't think Kallis would give the best batting advice.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Batting: Tendulkar: No explanation needed

Bowling: Warne: It was between Warne and McGrath/Lilee, but McGrath would be like 'See that spot over there? I'll put a dime on that, and your job is to hit it 100 times in a row. I'm going for a beer, have fun." And Lilee would be, "See that fellow with the pads and the bat standing over there? Here's how you hit him thirty different ways without getting in trouble"

Fielding: Rhodes (hard choice): I agree that he was just an exceptionally gifted athlete, and not necessarily a great coach...but I don't know that for sure, so it has to go to him.

Captain: Imran Khan (easy choice): No explanation needed

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I wouldn't want to be coached by a batsman or a fielder who was naturally gifted, whereas with a bowler I think its different and a naturally gifted bowler would work, though I can't really explain why.

Batting: Geoff Boycott, despite not being the biggest fan of the guy or his commentary.
Fast Bowling: Holding or Imran (Tough to choose, they both look like they would teach very well)
Spin bowling: Warne seeing as I'm a leg spinner and I've never seen a leg spinner even come close to him.
Fielding: Sachin. He's remarkably good in the field (and often goes unnoticed) yet not as naturally gifted a fielder such as a Symonds or Jonty or Yuvraj or Ponting or whomever. I feel he'd teach the basics very well.
Captaincy: Imran or Taylor, tough choice.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Fielding: Mike Young (not an international cricketer, but Australia's fielding went to pot when he got the heave-ho)
Can't believe I missed that one. Definently agree here, best going about.

cnerd123

likes this
Batting: Elgar
Bowling: Lyon
Fielding: Labuschagne
Captaincy: Mike Brearley

Basically going for cricketers who are excellent in getting the most of their skills. Guys who, while obviously ridiculously talented, are not the ones you'd consider the most naturally gifted in their disciplines but are still masters of their craft.

Except for Captaincy, just went Brearley for all the hype around his leadership. MAK would be good too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasim and Waqar live in Australia so that’s who I would be trying to see if I was a young quick