• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you were to make a coaching manual...

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
which player would you use as examples for each area? That is, which player do you think is the most techniqally adept at what they do

Right handed batting
Jacques Kallis

Left handed batting
Yuvraj Singh

Seam bowling (right and left handed)
Glenn McGrath

Quick bowling (right and left handed)
Mohammad Sami (may not be great but has a fluent action)

Off spin (right handed)
Shaun Udal???

Slow left arm
Daniel Vettori

Leg spin
Shane Warne

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Armadillo said:
which player would you use as examples for each area? That is, which player do you think is the most techniqally adept at what they do
Right Handed Batting
Derek Randall :laugh:

adharcric

International Coach
Left-Handed Batting
Suresh Raina (I know it's early, but he looks like a refined version of Yuvraj)

viktor

State Vice-Captain
And for off-spin, I reckon Powar's at least a little better than Udal.
Dunno about Raina though. He had a few too many wafts outside off at Delhi. Great knock at Faridabad though.

adharcric

International Coach
viktor said:
And for off-spin, I reckon Powar's at least a little better than Udal.
Dunno about Raina though. He had a few too many wafts outside off at Delhi. Great knock at Faridabad though.
Yeah he did, but I think he was just nervous playing as a regular for the first time against Flintoff and co. Those wafts aren't typical of Raina and they were nowhere to be seen in the warmup match.

Someone just mentioned Hussey, I'd take him as well. Great batsman.

oz_fan

International Regular
If this for past players as well?
Because I would have:
Right arm fast
Michael Holding
Left arm seam
Wasim Akram

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Definitely Powar over Udal. He's got the classical off-spinner's action, has never been doubted like Harbhajan, Murali and co., and is very effective.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was being serious though.

In my opinion, he has the best technique in the world, pleasure to watch. If everyone batted in the same style, the game would be a much prettier spectacle.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
benchmark00 said:
I was being serious though.

In my opinion, he has the best technique in the world, pleasure to watch. If everyone batted in the same style, the game would be a much prettier spectacle.
He has an elegant technique, but it's certainly not something you'd teach kids to emulate. He can get away with no feet movement and playing away from the body because he's an excellent player, but when you're teaching someone cricket you'd rather they learn from watching a Kallis or a Dravid rather than a Martyn or a Sehwag.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I think players should figure out there own style of bowling/batting not try and be a gilly or kallis just go out and bat and see what you are.