• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Verified what? How the **** did you manage to accuse him of the exact opposite of what he was doing?

**** like this is apparently why Trump was elected.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

India versus Pakistan

India plays Pakistan in a cricket match on Sunday. However, it is much more than a cricket match, every one will tell you. In many ways it is. So many people who don't usually watch cricket matches would watch. They will abuse the other country's players or their own; make them into superstars or throw stones on their houses depending upon the result.

In a time of right wing politics prevailing in our country, the atmosphere will be even more charged up. The government says that we can play Pakistan in ICC tournaments but not in bilateral tournaments. I can't quite understand this stand. If it's not okay to play them, surely it's not okay to play them, period. Not playing versus Pakistan in such a tournament would lead to commercial loss. So this is probably the real reason but any ways.

With so much fervour associated with the match, drama and false pride abounds. A fan posted on WhatsApp a hand written note that he would never watch another Indian match if we lost this game. Another asked me to leave the country as I thought that India will lose the match.

Why can't we focus on the cricket? Pakistan bowls well, so does India. Indian batting is stronger but I feel Yuvraj-Jadhav-Dhoni is a a chink in the armour which Pakistan can exploit. Jadhav and Dhoni haven't had a chance to bat much either so far. Hasan, Raees, Shadab and every one else are bowling really well. Moreover, Pakistan is fielding exceptionally well. This never ever happens. They have a tremendous spirit about them right now.

Why can't we focus on the pitch and the weather and cricketing aspects? There is no shame in losing a cricket match and no extra pride in winning one. Of course one can feel happy the team one supports won. However, the upmanship beyond the cricket which we see every Ram and Kabir expouse is cringeworthy.

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
When I was a kid, my family had beef with our neighbours. No point in boring anyone with a long blame-game story, but the result was that neither did we visit them, nor were they invited over. We shared cold vibes. It was a reasonable stance to take. Live and let live. Sometimes you have a Kramer for a neighbour, sometimes you're stuck with Newman. One doesn't have to like Newman. Because Newman's a tool.

Now, this being a housing complex, we had monthly society meetings that all the residents attended. Lunch was usually served and was delectable, and the adults thrashed out all manner of matters that are generally thrashed out in society meetings. I used to wonder at the inconsistent stance of my parents in avoiding our Newman neighbours at most times, but still mingling with them at these meetings, breaking bread together at the same table, and discussing grown up matters that concerned all the residents in a civil manner. Dad called it "being adults". What a pile of crock. Surely if you decide to avoid someone, you avoid them at all times. Or if you decide to engage with them when required at a public forum, you should engage with them at other times too.

No wait, this is untrue. I lied. I did not actually consider it inconsistent or unreasonable behaviour. Because I didn't have a stick up my arse that could have caused me to be an uptight sanctimonious idiot who was ignorant of the ways of the world.

spit

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Just took a Wonga loan out and chucked it onto India. Literally free money

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

India versus Pakistan

India plays Pakistan in a cricket match on Sunday. However, it is much more than a cricket match, every one will tell you. In many ways it is. So many people who don't usually watch cricket matches would watch. They will abuse the other country's players or their own; make them into superstars or throw stones on their houses depending upon the result.

In a time of right wing politics prevailing in our country, the atmosphere will be even more charged up. The government says that we can play Pakistan in ICC tournaments but not in bilateral tournaments. I can't quite understand this stand. If it's not okay to play them, surely it's not okay to play them, period. Not playing versus Pakistan in such a tournament would lead to commercial loss. So this is probably the real reason but any ways.

With so much fervour associated with the match, drama and false pride abounds. A fan posted on WhatsApp a hand written note that he would never watch another Indian match if we lost this game. Another asked me to leave the country as I thought that India will lose the match.

Why can't we focus on the cricket? Pakistan bowls well, so does India. Indian batting is stronger but I feel Yuvraj-Jadhav-Dhoni is a a chink in the armour which Pakistan can exploit. Jadhav and Dhoni haven't had a chance to bat much either so far. Hasan, Raees, Shadab and every one else are bowling really well. Moreover, Pakistan is fielding exceptionally well. This never ever happens. They have a tremendous spirit about them right now.

Why can't we focus on the pitch and the weather and cricketing aspects? There is no shame in losing a cricket match and no extra pride in winning one. Of course one can feel happy the team one supports won. However, the upmanship beyond the cricket which we see every Ram and Kabir expouse is cringeworthy.

The simple fact that you have missed or chosen to miss to make your non-existent point is that ICC tournaments are held by the ICC and the bilateral tours are held by the respective cricket boards.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't Sehwag praise Sarfraz for leading them to the final and say that his English skills don't matter? Why would that annoy Pakistan fans? Though I wouldn't be surprised if he has tweeted something daft since then.