• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lolol my roommates are arguing right now that the match was fixed because they can;t believe this "trash" Pakistan team could beat us. The tears are delicious.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, but there's joy, and there's frank hatred.

Really making it hard for non-Pakistani fans to feel happy for them.
Yeah they seem more angry against the opposition than simply pumping themselves up. I guess they will learn with time. Because if they continue doing that then other teams will get back at them.

smash84

The Tiger King
Why is there so much hatred in the eyes of the Pakistani players when they dismiss a batsman?
You probably feel that way because india has been on the receiving end after a very long time. I am sure pak fans don't feel that way (although i am i have to admit the team looks more "pumped" than usual)

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You probably feel that way because india has been on the receiving end after a very long time. I am sure pak fans don't feel that way
I didn't mean to suggest that the feeling extended to Pakistani fans. I'm just speaking from what I see of the players on my television screen.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Early 20s here. law school whatsapp groups are echo chambers for neo liberalism, everywhere else are echo chambers for 'brahmins are the real oppressed people in india, lol pakistan, ancient wisdom of the hindu religion, pseudo-secularism, proud indian nationalist, sadhguru's teachings etc.'.

its nuts.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah they seem more angry against the opposition than simply pumping themselves up. I guess they will learn with time. Because if they continue doing that then other teams will get back at them.
The younger guys seem pretty aggressive, but don't think there is anything to nasty in it, the team has been a joke in the limited overs format for years so they are really really pumped up.

Crazy that Pakistan were lucky to be here as they just pipped the West Indies are on the verge of winning it!

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah, it has been my perception too. I get the feeling that the new generation in india (gen y) is generally more agressive than it predecessors. I feel the opposite in Pak. The new generation wants to move past the anti-india rhetoric of the previous generation in general (which doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of ****s out there still but that's the feeling that I get that overall the direction is positive).
I just wish you guys all got along together - do you want to borrow Tony Blair?

indiaholic

International Captain
Early 20s here. law school whatsapp groups are echo chambers for neo liberalism, everywhere else are echo chambers for 'brahmins are the real oppressed people in india, lol pakistan, ancient wisdom of the hindu religion, pseudo-secularism, proud indian nationalist, sadhguru's teachings etc.'.

its nuts.
Deleted my facebook account for this reason. Can't deal with all that negativity daily.

Niall

International Coach
Out of curiosity is Trump popular in India?

In Europe and the UK his approval numbers are very bad.

smash84

The Tiger King
I didn't mean to suggest that the feeling extended to Pakistani fans. I'm just speaking from what I see of the players on my television screen.
what i meant to say was that pakistan fans probably don't see the "hatred" in the eyes of their bowlers, its more of a perception thing