• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf. it's my generation, Gen X millenials, the one in their late teens to late twenties right now which is the worst at neo-nationalism.

The one who are kids right now, Gen Y, are the meme kids with complete irreverence to both the positive and negative aspects of modern 'culture'. I dunno if that's better or worse though, because they're exactly the sort of people who would vote in trump for the lulz though they know he's an idiot.
The 4chan types who got Trump in were pretty calculated in their hatred for all liberalism IMO

Oh **** off Jaddu! :(

Oh, and stop making me feel old, ****. You're telling me there's another generation younger than you? :(

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Tbf. it's my generation, Gen X millenials, the one in their late teens to late twenties right now which is the worst at neo-nationalism.

The one who are kids right now, Gen Y, are the meme kids with complete irreverence to both the positive and negative aspects of modern 'culture'. I dunno if that's better or worse though, because they're exactly the sort of people who would vote in trump for the lulz though they know he's an idiot.
Dunno if it's the way with you guys but my generation (late 20s/early 30s aka the Sachin generation) is far right to a disturbing degree. I get anti-Pakistan and anti-muslim jokes on whatsapp on almost a daily basis. Just a few weeks ago, my roommate called me and showed me this "hilarious" video of a group of boys being beaten up and forced to chant 'Pakistan murdabad' by the police.

I really need new friends.

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Why is there so much hatred in the eyes of the Pakistani players when they dismiss a batsman?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Is it me or are the younger generation in India predominantly right wing, nationalist types who hate Pakistan and Muslims in general?

It really alarms me TBH, in other countries, at least the right wingers are older types, so there's hope things will get better when they die out, in India it seems to be the other way around. :(
Yeah echo the sentiments.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Why is there so much hatred in the eyes of the Pakistani players when they dismiss a batsman?
I guess it's a lot of pressure and flak that they've taken over the years, they are finally about to win a big tournament so I can somewhat understand the emotion.

indiaholic

International Captain
Dunno if it's the way with you guys but my generation (late 20s/early 30s aka the Sachin generation) is far right to a disturbing degree. I get anti-Pakistan and anti-muslim jokes on whatsapp on almost a daily basis. Just a few weeks ago, my roommate called me and showed me this "hilarious" video of a group of boys being beaten up and forced to chant 'Pakistan murdabad' by the police.

Dude this scares me to a ridiculous degree.. :(
****** country this.

vcs

Agree. Mid-30s here. Whatsapp is a complete Pakistan hate-fest. They rejoice about surgical strikes and stuff, I find it abhorrent.

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I guess it's a lot of pressure and flak that they've taken over the years, they are finally about to win a big tournament so I can somewhat understand the emotion.
Yeah, but there's joy, and there's frank hatred.

Really making it hard for non-Pakistani fans to feel happy for them.

vcs

Yeah, but there's joy, and there's frank hatred.

Really making it hard for non-Pakistani fans to feel happy for them.
Meh, nothing Kohli and co wouldn't have done.

Ashes is pretty bad as well when it gets heated (broken ****ing arm, anyone?)

It's all part of the fun.

smash84

The Tiger King

yeah, it has been my perception too. I get the feeling that the new generation in india (gen y) is generally more agressive than it predecessors. I feel the opposite in Pak. The new generation wants to move past the anti-india rhetoric of the previous generation in general (which doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of ****s out there still but that's the feeling that I get that overall the direction is positive).