• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

Shri

Mr. Glass
I expect apologies from everyone (fred's already given me one) who mocked me and Pratters for the prediction and said it was gambhiring ftr. When I gambhir, I admit it... like in the Aus series, where I was unabashedly gambhiring.

But here, I was rightly pessimistic because I had serious concerns about our bowling (especially the lack of wicket taking ability) and the middle order of Yuvraj-MSD-Jadhav which had barely had a hit in this tournament, If you want to mock my prediction fine, ****s. But get it right... it wasn't gambhiring. It was perfectly reasonable pessimism.
Piss off. 250 off 30 overs with AshWIN yet to bat. Ashwin's got this.:cool2:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
He's been bad for a very long time now. Love the guy, but I think it's time for Pant.
Please do define "bad". Like honestly don't get ODI's and T20's mixed up. Even Dhawan and Rohit have been terrible in T20's but you'd still take them in ODI's. Dhoni was originally suppose to take up #4 but then Yuvraj came in and it went to him. Dhoni's been making way for everyone all these years and still isn't batting at his preferred spot. Ask any other team in the world and they'd still take Dhoni in their ODI team.

smash84

The Tiger King
I expect apologies from everyone (fred's already given me one) who mocked me and Pratters for the prediction and said it was gambhiring ftr. When I gambhir, I admit it... like in the Aus series, where I was unabashedly gambhiring.

But here, I was rightly pessimistic because I had serious concerns about our bowling (especially the lack of wicket taking ability) and the middle order of Yuvraj-MSD-Jadhav which had barely had a hit in this tournament, If you want to mock my prediction fine, ****s. But get it right... it wasn't gambhiring. It was perfectly reasonable pessimism.
The, it was hard to say if you were gambhiring or not

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man you guys are really stretching it by suggesting MS should be dropped. The guy played ONE innings this whole tournament, how are you expecting the middle order to rescue you chasing 330+ when your top order goes to ****. Yes the team needs a bit of change, and perhaps Yuvraj has to go from the ODI team (I was willing to give him this tournament but 2019 is not happening).
His keeping still looks excellent. I also would hate to see him go. But it's time we seriously start thinking about alternatives.

OverratedSanity

Please do define "bad". Like honestly don't get ODI's and T20's mixed up. Even Dhawan and Rohit have been terrible in T20's but you'd still take them in ODI's. Dhoni was originally suppose to take up #4 but then Yuvraj came in and it went to him. Dhoni's been making way for everyone all these years and still isn't batting at his preferred spot. Ask any other team in the world and they'd still take Dhoni in their ODI team.
I agree Dhoni could probably have been better at 4, and I think he should've been doing that this past year, but I truly believe someone like KL Rahul and Pant would offer more now.

It's probably harsh to say he' been bad since he's actually done alright, but I just really rate Pant and KL and think it's time to give them a go.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
His keeping still looks excellent. I also would hate to see him go. But it's time we seriously start thinking about alternatives.
Alternatives for what exactly? The issue with India is not Dhoni, it's their ineffective way of utilizing the talent that they have. Ravindra Jadeja is a better batsmen than #8, we need to give him a better role in ODI's and use him as an extra bowling option, Ashwin has to go as his batting is non-existant in ODI's and he's simply not that good a bowler in limited overs anymore, we need an attacking spinner with Jadeja as the second spinner option. Then we need at least 3 pacers + Pandya.

Somehow we have to put together a team that has enough bowling options without losing out on batting depth. Right now we are using 2 batting all rounders as full time bowlers which shouldn't be the case.

vcs

Hardik's played well so far. Needs to go on with it, be a bit selfish here. India's never gonna win here, play normally, get a hundred somehow and solidify your spot for a couple of years.

vcs

Alternatives for what exactly? The issue with India is not Dhoni, it's their ineffective way of utilizing the talent that they have. Ravindra Jadeja is a better batsmen than #8, we need to give him a better role in ODI's and use him as an extra bowling option, Ashwin has to go as his batting is non-existant in ODI's and he's simply not that good a bowler in limited overs anymore, we need an attacking spinner with Jadeja as the second spinner option. Then we need at least 3 pacers + Pandya.

Somehow we have to put together a team that has enough bowling options without losing out on batting depth. Right now we are using 2 batting all rounders as full time bowlers which shouldn't be the case.
We should do all those things, and also try out guys like Pant (for example in the upcoming JAMODI series against WI). I'm not even saying drop MS, but give the alternatives enough chances to make their case before WC 2019.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
We should do all those things, and also try out guys like Pant (for example in the upcoming JAMODI series against WI). I'm not even saying drop MS, but give the alternatives enough chances to make their case before WC 2019.
Yeah I agree with that, I didn't say we shouldn't try Pant, but he can play with MS in the team is my point.