Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree1081Likes

Thread: 18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    I don't think so. After a long time, many Indian fans are actually ok with Pakistan winning this considering the difficult times they have faced. For India, it is just one more trophy to the cabinet.
    Have to agree with this. My Indian colleague hugged me after the England match and said I want you to win this trophy now
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    But who did gambhiring for the current match? I thought you were referring to Smali

And have a look at OS who's been gambhiring about the final even in the India v Bangladesh match

Read the posts before my original one again.. AZH was here talking about Ind-Pak finals even before 20 overs were bowled in the BD innings in the semi.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Also regarding the tourney itself, I agree that India have faced sides that they find easier to face than the ones they struggle against but that is neither here nor there. I think the only side who have been somewhat unlucky this tournament have been Australia but even they were not extremely unlucky or anything.

A few injury concerns for Pakistan ahead of the final - Amir, Hasan and Imad.

vcs
    The two clearly best teams in the tournament have made the final. Hope we get a competitive, uninterrupted game.
    zorax and honestbharani like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Does the final have a reserve day?
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    The two clearly best teams in the tournament have made the final. Hope we get a competitive, uninterrupted game.
    Who would be the worst team of the tournament? New Zealand? South Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    If events had panned out normally, India probably would've been out by now or would have totally lost in the final against England on a flat oval pitch given the latter's immense batting might & depth.
    Agree with the general point but this is a huge assumption to make - India are a top ODI team and always have a chance against every team. They just beat England 2-1 in some of the flattest tracks in spite of not being at full strength.
    zorax and honestbharani like this.

vcs
    Yeah, probably. Not that it matters.
    zorax likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Heart (always) says Pakistan but head says India.

Would love a Pakistan win but to be honest don't really see it happening.

1) The batting line up from Pakistan is not a championship winning one they have literally been carried to the final by the bowlers. India is probably the best equipped batting side to handle Pakistan reverse and spin so i do not expect India getting out for moderate 200 score at their best Pakistan can get them for 280 odd and I just don't see Pakistan getting 280 batting first or second vs India's excellent attack.

2) This will be India's 3rd game at the Oval while Pakistan's first outing also given it will be a fresh pitch so it may well be a batting shootout where Indian batting will outgun Pakistan

3) The pressure of an Indian-Pakistan game do get to Pakistani players. When you are nervous the team or individual with less skills their performance tend to drop more then the team with a higher skill and that has been the case with india-pakistan games for past few years.There are a few too many bottlers in Pakistan side still that have been carrying the mental scarring of an indian-Pakistan encounter.

Having said all this I am still proud of the turnaround and after a long time the odi side is actually moving towards the right direction its still not perfect we do need to get rid of Hafeez and Malik maybe Imad regardless of what happens in the final. They do not have the pedigree of Inzi,Yousuf, Younis or Misbah that you carry them based on their experience and their name does not instill fear in the eyes of the opposition. I am still willing to give Azhar a chance before discarding he is committed and mentally strong enough to become a serviceable odi player and a batting side as shaky as Pakistan may need someone like him.

I do hope against hope that we can pull one over India in the final it is very important for young blokes like Hassan, Babar, Shadab and Fakhat that very early on n their careers they can get over the mental block of facing India in an ICC tourney and beating it will serve them well for their future.Finally all I can say is

Come on Pakistan and bring the cup home.
    Last edited by Xuhaib; 16-06-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Ideally for Pakistan, Umar Akmal will figure out what discipline and fitness and good attitude is and come back and slot in at #4. The Professor can be the back up opener. I am not completely sold on Babar either but I guess he has earned a longer run in the side.

U Akmal is now beyond redemption. I would like to see

Azhar/Sami/or someone new from domestic, maybe Sahibzada Farhan who has impressed recently
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Haris
    Sarfraz
    Malik

This should be the go to line up for the next World Cup

Having said all this I am still proud of the turnaround and after a long time the odi side is actually moving towards the right direction its still not perfect we do need to get rid of Hafeez and Malik maybe Imad regardless of what happens in the final. They do not have the pedigree of Inzi,Yousuf, Younis or Misbah that you carry them based on their experience and their name does not instill fear in the eyes of the opposition. I am still willing to give Azhar a chance before discarding he is committed and mentally strong enough to become a serviceable odi player and a batting side as shaky as Pakistan may need someone like him.
    Imad is not getting dropped. He has poor fitness, slow mover on the field, poor batsman but inexplicably considered a core member.

Cricketer Of The Year AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    South africa
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.
    Supporting XI
    Soumya Sarkar, Liton Das, Pinak Ghosh, Mominul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Shabbir, Nurul Hasan, Saifuddin, Mehedi Miraz, Abu Hider, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman

Umer is not getting back and going by his twitter I think he is borderline ****** and not fit mentally for professional sports.

Babar is very good but I think he is a bit chicken hearted like other Akmals its very rare he gets through a tough passage of play you should be able to ride out tough periods where bowlers may get on top its one of the requirements to be a successful test cricketer. However he is still young and from what I have heard unlike Umer he is actually a decent boy willing to learn and works hard in the nets so lets hope he does justice to his talent unlike Umer.
    Shri likes this.

Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information