• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

srbhkshk

International Captain
100 percent India will lose. No spin, no Gambhiring.
Saying they'll lose 100% is 100% Gambhiring.

Do you really think this Indian team is flat out incapable of winning against Pakistan? Neither the tournament nor the recent history suggests that. It's 60-40 in India's favor, potentially even more if Amir doesn't play.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Erm 100 percent they will lose according to me. That's unrelated to the chances/odds according to bookies etc.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Erm 100 percent they will lose according to me. That's unrelated to the chances/odds according to bookies etc.

Saying they'll lose 100% is 100% Gambhiring.

Do you really think this Indian team is flat out incapable of winning against Pakistan? Neither the tournament nor the recent history suggests that. It's 60-40 in India's favor, potentially even more if Amir doesn't play.

Exactly what makes you think that - the skill level of the teams? the pressure handling capability? What does India lack that you are giving them 0% chance while claiming that you are not Gambhiring?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan's best chance, as has already been said is to bowl first and try to restrict India. They've got to strangle Rohit and Dhawan early and not give any of the top 3,especially kohli those easy singles. And obviously they need to not be Pakistan, and hold on to their catches. Drop kohli/rohit and its basically a death sentence.

India definitely favourites but gut says Pakistan. Improved a lot in this tournament and I'm concerned about our bowling. Looked pedestrian against SL and needed Kedar to pick up a couple of meme wickets against Bangladesh.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Exactly what makes you think that - the skill level of the teams? the pressure handling capability? What does India lack that you are giving them 0% chance while claiming that you are not Gambhiring?
With all due respect why are you getting so excited? Pakistan has been playing with a spirit you rarely see. Have you ever seen them field this well? India's batting has weakness with Yuvraj-Jadhav-Dhoni. Thus, I back Pakistan to win.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is certainly one of the three biggest India-Pakistan matches of our lifetime. We have this awesome streak over them in WCs, but when you think about it, only the knockout matches really mattered. So '96, '11 and the WT20 final (though no one took the format that seriously back then). '03 was also a really sweet win though it was a group game. Let's be honest, no one cares about the group stage wins where neither team went on to do anything in the tournament.

Pakistan have the opportunity to reclaim some bragging rights if they win this one.

srbhkshk

International Captain
With all due respect why are you getting so excited? Pakistan has been playing with a spirit you rarely see. Have you ever seen them field this well? India's batting has weakness with Yuvraj-Jadhav-Dhoni. Thus, I back Pakistan to win.
You are right, India have been playing with no spirit at all and Pakistan has no weaknesses at all. I've changed my mind - Pakistan to win 100% percent.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Donkey logic.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You are right, India have been playing with no spirit at all and Pakistan has no weaknesses at all. I've changed my mind - Pakistan to win 100% percent.
Have I asked you to change your mind? And yes, if India plays with spirit but Pakistan plays with one which it lacks at times, it does increase Pakistan's chances.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
100 percent India will lose. No spin, no Gambhiring.
Dude if you're going to make a post like this without any cricketing reason, you're going to get attacked and that's what has happened. Spirit does not win you matches. Skillset, form, performance does. India's batting line up is miles ahead of Pakistan's in terms of all 3. India's bowling currently is only marginally behind Pakistan's. To say India are losing 100% because Yuvraj, Dhoni and Jhadav are apparently weak links (still miles ahead of Hafeez and Malik) comes across as gambhiring dude.

Pakistan have the opportunity to reclaim some bragging rights if they win this one.
Tbh they have enough bragging rights even without this match :p