• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th June - 1st Semi-final - England v Pakistan

smash84

The Tiger King
For some reason this match reminds me of the 444 that England scored against a very similar Pak lineup. Now that was a mauling to remember

Howe_zat

Audio File
Watching highlights of that series now. The 444 game was actually the odd one out, it was mostly Pakistan getting bowled out for 250-270 and England chasing comfortably

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Yeah pretty much. And Pak didn't bowl that badly in that series other than that match..it was more the batting being country miles behind England in terms of scoring rate.

Pakistan will hope to follow the 5th match template but for that, Sarfraz will have to bat up the order. Neither Hafeez or Babar can play that anchor role.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
gonna be a battle of the bowlers here me thinks..England are clear favourites but the Pakistani bowlers will probably be the toughest test of the England batting line up they have faced in this tournament so far..

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Really pleased to be able to catch this game tomorrow, as Thursday I will be out . There doesn't seem as much traffic on this thread as for the second semi either.... :ph34r:

91Jmay

International Coach
gonna be a battle of the bowlers here me thinks..England are clear favourites but the Pakistani bowlers will probably be the toughest test of the England batting line up they have faced in this tournament so far..
Starc/Haze are both better than Pakistani bowlers but I the depth of the Aussie attack is weaker compared to Pakistan's. If we get through the opening pairing I think we will be very well placed.

Burner

International Regular
Who are we kidding, Pakistan are going to get hammered. Their only chance is to bat first and put up 300 and put the pressure on England imo.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When did they last score 300? If the bowlers don't roll England for 250 max they're not winning ****.

Burner

International Regular
If they bowl first, even if they get England all out for 200-300, they are going to do everything in their power to **** it up and this time there won't be Thisara Perera to stop them from losing.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they bowl first, even if they get England all out for 200-300, they are going to do everything in their power to **** it up and this time there won't be Thisara Perera to stop them from losing.
Look let's not pretend that England are the best fielding side or something.

91Jmay

International Coach
Look let's not pretend that England are the best fielding side or something.
We've been fine in the CT trophy, taken some great catches think Ali dropped one and not misfielded particularly often. We are a decent fielding side, below the best but it's laughable to compare them to Sri Lanka yesterday.

Bairstow to open I think, he's been smashing it for Yorkshire there and Buttler down the order is a genius.

Last edited: