• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th June - 1st Semi-final - England v Pakistan

mackembhoy

International Debutant
poor away performance this

Lahore crowd getting pretty rowdy

Can our spinners make a difference after the poor performance in India?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, I've played with a guy who used to score in the same manner as this bloke, and it used to infuriate fielding teams so often.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan is seriously unpredictable, I can totally see them losing it from here but I hope they don't cuz I want India v Pak! That'd be some game.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Bowling these lengths, it'll be interesting to see how early they can get some reverse swing and scuff up the ball. I'd imagine that they'd have been bowling cross seam for the majority of them, as they haven't really been bowling full enough to get any swing.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
If Pakistan win this and Amir is fit, should he come back for the final?

Tbh, since his return to the side he's been largely coasting on his 09/10 reputation as his results show. I know it's a long-term investment with him but I reckon Pakistan look a better bowling unit without him in it.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If Pakistan win this and Amir is fit, should he come back for the final?

Tbh, since his return to the side he's been largely coasting on his 09/10 reputation as his results show. I know it's a long-term investment with him but I reckon Pakistan look a better bowling unit without him in it.
He's the 2nd best bowler in this team even on current form, after Hasan Ali.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great analysis of Stokes' action by the comms. He did exactly what Nass predicted the ball after too.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
To be sure Pakistan were excellent with the ball (and in the field!) and the pitch isn't a belter, but that was a very disappointing batting performance from England.

They've built a reputation over the past couple of years of being ultra-aggressive and very successful with it; but when their big challenge arrived in doing it in a knockout semi, they lost their nerve and went into their shell more and more as the innings progressed.

England's big missed opportunity was against the leggie Shadab. He was nervous early on and they got a boundary or two but they missed some opportunities and let him grow in confidence and bowl on his terms eventually. When you factor in their timidness against the offies they really dug themselves a hole.