• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th June - 1st Semi-final - England v Pakistan

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty much the only faults were those two no balls right at the end. Even they weren't costly.

As complete a bowling effort as you could ask for.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If this was anyone else England would be gone, but Pakistan's batting inspires no confidence. Still should win though.

Woodster

International Captain
This may be competitive but we are somewhat below par on that pitch. The reason we're below par is because Pakistan have bowled exceptionally well. Led by Hassan Ali they have all come to the party and there was no weak link in the attack, there was no respite for the England batsmen to get a bit of momentum going. Pakistan, despite their batting frailties must be favourites now, England's bowling attack has to replicate what their opposition has done here to get a final berth.

Woodster

International Captain
What a **** day off work

Well done Pakistan.

England awful.

Not sure I'd say England were awful, we've just come to expect this side to smash 300+ every time we bat. I'm disappointed we didn't make 250+ but that was a very good bowling display on a more testing track.

91Jmay

International Coach
Need 3 wickets in first 10. One of the bowlers has to have a career day basically, and that opener has to go in first 3 overs.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Jake Ball gives me the fear and Stokes is a piechucker most of the time in white ball cricket.

Pakistan got it in the bag.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No
No
No
No
No

1. Will the captain who wins the toss opt to bat first? No
2. Will a wicket fall in the first 5 overs? No
3. Will a batsman make a hundred in the first innings? No
4. Will the side batting first score 300 or more? No
5. Will any spin bowler take three or more wickets? No
TB: How many legal deliveries will be bowled in total? 576

If Rashid/Moeen take 3 or more we have no winner.

43.5 overs is the mid point between both our predictions if I've done the maths right.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Not sure I'd say England were awful, we've just come to expect this side to smash 300+ every time we bat. I'm disappointed we didn't make 250+ but that was a very good bowling display on a more testing track.
Stokes looked like he was batting with a tooth pick.

Root,Morgan,Buttler and Moeen all gifted their wickets. 2 being well set, one of which didn't look in any bother at all.

Mind that's Roots speciality, getting out when he looks like he's playing on a road and seeing it like a beach ball.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I called the Pak great bowling performance :D Well done, Pakistan.. Will be worthy finalists. England will feel bad they got these conditions for this match.