• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th June - 2nd Semifinal - India vs Bangladesh

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah and TBF, I dont really recall any of the truly "best in the world" level batsmen ever being bad fielders. I mean, the generation before, we had Lara, Sachin and Ponting and before that you had Viv, MIandad and Gavaskar, Greg Chappell etc.
TOTAB ffs

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gosh India is so lucky..basically have the CT in their pocket now :laugh:
Are you being TJB? Don't be TJB... :p

FWIW, England has a semifinal against the #8 team in the world. So we have the tougher semi. And honestly, a Bangladesh V Pakistan final is not out of the question. Either way, ***** has a team in the finals. That lucky ****.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Always getting South Africa in their groups and knock outs..that's pretty much a game in the pocket. I blame ICC for this.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
AZH,

Mahmudullah or Mushfiq needs to bat at 3 dude. You can't have a guy averaging 27 at 3 especially when one of your opener is not firing.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Umesh has to play against Bangladesh especially given his performance against them in the warm-up game.

So one of Ashwin or Jadeja should be left out.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
What about Soumya? Imrul v2.0 or Soumya?
Anyone over Imrul. I am disappointed with Soumya tbh. Not sure whether we should persist with him or not after CT. He had this great form then lost it completely. He got back into the runs then somewhat but again failing. For the match, I would be playing the same XI with a change in order maybe,

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Mushfiq
4. Mosaddek
5. Shakib
6. Mahmudullah
7. Shabbir
8. Mashrafe
9. Taskin
10. Rubel
11. Fizz

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
thought there was shawshank redemption of the pig 3
ICC admitted to 'fixing' India and Pakistan in the same group and it's always the first match so India gets a 2 point head start..then you put South Africa, that's another 2 points and then you put Bangladesh in the SF/QF. So that's the tournament in the bag. #ThankYouICC

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't recall anything about Mossaddek. What's he like?
Has a FC average of 67 with two double centuries if I'm not mistaken. Bangladesh use him as a lower order batsman who bowls spin.

Anyone over Imrul. I am disappointed with Soumya tbh. Not sure whether we should persist with him or not after CT. He had this great form then lost it completely. He got back into the runs then somewhat but again failing. For the match, I would be playing the same XI with a change in order maybe,

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Mushfiq
4. Mosaddek
5. Shakib
6. Mahmudullah
7. Shabbir
8. Mashrafe
9. Taskin
10. Rubel
11. Fizz
You still can't get over Mahmudullah at 6 :O
Guy averages 50 at number 4 btw with those 2 hundreds

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
ICC admitted to 'fixing' India and Pakistan in the same group and it's always the first match so India gets a 2 point head start..then you put South Africa, that's another 2 points and then you put Bangladesh in the SF/QF. So that's the tournament in the bag. #ThankYouICC
Yeah, and I heard that they influenced the clouds too to make sure that the rain falls at the right time across matches to deny points to the other teams.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, and I heard that they influenced the clouds too to make sure that the rain falls at the right time across matches to deny points to the other teams.
Nah they literally admitted to making sure Pakistan/India play in same group.