• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th June - 2nd Semifinal - India vs Bangladesh

91Jmay

International Coach
It's odd how the big 4 are all so good they are all reasonable bowling options and good fielders to go along with the batting.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well.. he was bowling his leg break type rollers... And I am pretty sure he was at least bowling only because BOTH Pandya and Jaddu were being hit around, forcing the 7th bowling option.
Yeah, but why Kohli when Yuvi was available?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's odd how the big 4 are all so good they are all reasonable bowling options and good fielders to go along with the batting.

Yeah and TBF, I dont really recall any of the truly "best in the world" level batsmen ever being bad fielders. I mean, the generation before, we had Lara, Sachin and Ponting and before that you had Viv, MIandad and Gavaskar, Greg Chappell etc.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes but if he is not in the best form, and Kohli's rollers can be effective in certain conditions, you choose that. Remember what Vengsarkar said when they asked why he didn't pick Nehra for the 2007 WC when he had performed so brilliantly in 2003? :laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
What the **** are you even talking about

Yuvi's bowling helped win his country the World Cup.
yea but Jadeja already bowls left arm spin

Right arm gentle wayward legcutters delivered off the wrong foot while the bowler sneers at you through his sunglasses however...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I know you joke but come on, his bowling was reasonably effective there and we don't know what sort of bowling form Yuvi was in. My observation is that if Ash is the lone spinner, Yuvi will get some overs, even if he is in **** form coz that is how team think-tanks go these days.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just to be clear, I am not saying it was a good move to bowl Kohli over Yuvi. I would have bowled Yuvi before that but just pointing out that there could be cricketing reasons (however we may disagree with said reasoning) why Kohli was bowling ahead of Yuvi.

91Jmay

International Coach
he's pretty good anywhere that isn't the slips tbf

I'd say it's more generous to call what Kohli does 'bowling'
Yeah it looks awful but he can turn his arm over. He's probably the worst of the 4 with the ball though, granted.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah and TBF, I dont really recall any of the truly "best in the world" level batsmen ever being bad fielders. I mean, the generation before, we had Lara, Sachin and Ponting and before that you had Viv, MIandad and Gavaskar, Greg Chappell etc.
VVS wasn't exactly Jonty Rhodes was he.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
On Kohli's bowling: But his filth gets him wickets though. He s uncanny in that regard, even more than Steve Smith, whose wicket taking deliveries are usually filth.

Niall

International Coach
Shambles this.

Even if Pakistan win, at the very least this is it for Hafeez, its time for Sohail.