• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th June - 2nd Semifinal - India vs Bangladesh

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bangladesh are not going to find it difficult to score off our spinners. So Kohli and Co. got a decision to make here.. Do we bring back Umesh or Shami for one of the spinners? But neither bowled badly and in fact, both performed really well in their respective roles as attacking and defensive spinners respectively.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan would have to win by 267
Sri Lanka would have to win by 299
So Pak are not going top for sure since neither can they score 350-400 runs nor can they chase down things that quickly.
SL may go top. Small chance, but they could bowl out Pak for 80 after scoring 380.

Motorwada

Banned
I don't understand why most people are writing Bangladesh off against India. It's a knockout and on the day anything can happen. Don't forget Sri Lanka struggled against Bangladesh despite playing at home, so if they can beat India, I don't see how Bangladesh can't. Also, New Zealand almost won the ODI series in India, and Bangladesh just beaten New Zealand away from home twice now. Yes, Bangladesh lost to England, but they did post up 300.
That ODI series Jadeja and Ashwin were rested.

harsh.ag

In the wam up game, Bhuvi and Umesh destroyed the Bangla batting. That was a one sided affair.

Would want one change in the Indian side - Umesh back for Jadeja. Don't think it's gonna happen though.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In the wam up game, Bhuvi and Umesh destroyed the Bangla batting. That was a one sided affair.

Would want one change in the Indian side - Umesh back for Jadeja. Don't think it's gonna happen though.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to depend on Bumrah in early and middle overs too much. If wickets didn't fall in a heap in last game, India would have been forced to bowl him in middle overs, leaving Pandya and Jadeja more to do in death overs than can be considered safe. Should absolutely bring back Umesh. Get your top 4 bowlers and then pick a 5th all-rounder. Right now we are picking 3 best bowlers only.

harsh.ag

Jadeja does get more of a pass than do other bowlers imo. Esp since he does little with the bat.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jaddu is definitely worth his place but question is, is he a better all rounder than Pandya or is he a better spinner than Ashwin? Ideally we will play with Umesh there but I think they wont change the winning combination much. Which is a shame coz with Yuvi there to provide the left arm variety, we wont be losing THAT much in case we leave out Jaddu.

harsh.ag

There is something wrong with Yuvi's bowling though. Has to be since Jadhav and Kohli bowled ahead of him in the SL game.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In shocking news, things in cricket cna vary match by match.
Therefore same set of bowlers will not be your top 4 in each game. My point is top 4 in given conditions should get a game even if the 4th ranked bowler is only marginally better than 5th ranked bowler and latter is vastly better batsman. Use the 5th bowler spot to make all-rounder tradeoffs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is something wrong with Yuvi's bowling though. Has to be since Jadhav and Kohli bowled ahead of him in the SL game.

Nah.. Jadhav offered variation of turning the ball the other way, at least in theory, to Jaddu. I am sure if Ash was the lone spinner, Yuvi would get a few overs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
well.. he was bowling his leg break type rollers... And I am pretty sure he was at least bowling only because BOTH Pandya and Jaddu were being hit around, forcing the 7th bowling option.