Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: INDIA,clearly seemed to lift the trophy.

Cricket Spectator

INDIA,clearly seemed to lift the trophy.

In this league,India is the most balanced team.They have all the wepons in their kit bags.It starts from the great batting line up & finishes with the best bowling line up India have ever got.Young legs will add extra advantages on their fielding,though the match against Pak was an exceptional one.Only S.Africa& Australia(yes,its Aus,instead of England,because of having an ordinary bowling line up)are seemed to be compilible with this team.On 20th June,its gonna be V.k to lift first icc trophy of his carrer.

Banned
    Nope.

You can quote me in a week.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    India vs England Final. I called it

Very difficult to pick a winner
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

India will make it to the final not sure about winning. England will get eliminated in the semis, that's the feeling that I get
    nightprowler10 likes this.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    England should be able to comfortably win this tournament. Immense batting power. I can't see any team out-batting them.

India yet to be properly challenged. South Africa and England will be difficult to overcome.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    India will make it to the final not sure about winning. England will get eliminated in the semis, that's the feeling that I get
    England will most likely face South Africa in the semis. You reckon Saffers will beat them in a KO? Not saying it can't happen but Saffers have not looked the best team and they don't win Knockouts on the best of days

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    I do think this might be the year of either the Saffers or the Aussies. For some reason I am not sure if England can win it. But mind you, if India ain't gonna win, my next best choice will be England. So good to watch they are as a LO team.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Spectator
    see,its a game of uncertainity.its truly difficult to pick winner at this very early stage.but seeing the line up on the field & off the field (ashwin,rahane,sami),i have come to this conclusion.

Cricket Spectator
    England will be tested aginst Australia.Both their 'Immense batting power' & ordinary bowling attack will have to fight very hard just for a close victory against Australia,

Agreed. Australia will treat this as a QF match and it is essentially a KO game for them and Australia's record in KO games is unbelievable. And England's record in dead rubbers which is what that game is for them isn't great. It's not a criticism but I guess it is natural to kinda lose the intensity in a dead rubber even if you try not to.
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 06-06-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    I do think this might be the year of either the Saffers or the Aussies. For some reason I am not sure if England can win it. But mind you, if India ain't gonna win, my next best choice will be England. So good to watch they are as a LO team.
    This is some proper hedging

Banned
    I originally called for an Eng v Aus final and that is teh way it would have been if not for rain, although Aus may still sneak in.

Personally, I think the tournament hinges on SA v India. Whoever tops that group will play the number 2 from group A, which will be NZ or Aus. SA have the beating of NZ but not Aus, whereas India I think would struggle to beat either.

Either way, I guarantee India is not winning this tournament. Their batting is based far too much on how an old Yuvi does down the order and their bowling looks mediocre at best. Most of these guys average 35 or more. I know England's bowling isn't any better but they have more variety and a better batting line up.

Lol when you compare Top 3 batsmen in LO Cricket today, first you start with India, then you have daylight, then Australia/South Africa/England. Roy/Hales have been smashing it for what just over 2 years now? Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli have been the backbone of that side for double that time, won a major trophy and made Semis of another during that time. Experience and career stats triumph over current flavour of the month.

Their batting never went out of first gear and looked like sleep walking at times and still ended up with 324. You're writing off a quality side with the track record to prove it for some inexplicable reasons.
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 07-06-2017 at 08:11 AM.

vcs
    ^ Not to mention Indian bowlers with their mediocre "over 35 career averages" find a way to step it up when it actually matters in ICC tournaments.

Anyway, I doubt any logical arguments are likely to change his opinion of India all that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information