• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gibberish surrounding rain made to sound like a real issue

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh I'm surprised how much interest this tournament has generated on this forum. It's good to see.

hazsa19

International Regular
If they'd played the tournament from middle of May to June they would have played the entire tournament without a drop of rain. People wouldn't then be asking 'why play in England in May?!?'

Burgey

tbh I'm surprised how much interest this tournament has generated on this forum. It's good to see.
Hasn't been much international cricket for a good while with the cash bonanza season in full swing before this got going.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
So it's been wet and this has resulted in the standard 'get a climate ffs' which is just your common or garden bollocks, but last night it appeared to whip up some genuinely believed bollocks.

Facts:

The two games to be rained off this year are the first ever no result matches in the Champions' Trophy in England. The last one was played in June 2013, and the 2004 one was in September.

In the 2014, 2015 and 2016 summers, no matches played in June were rained off either. The last match in England at this time of year to be rained off was a T20 in 2013.

Since then, there have been 27 N/R matches, a few of which are in England at other times, but include matches from every test-playing country (and Ireland).

Rain sucks. But it happens and it's nothing to do with the time and place.
It's nit just matches ending in nr is it? How many matches have been affected by rain leading to fewer overs? DL targets?

And unless you live in alternate reality Britain last summer was really wet and we didn't get a proper summer, in London at least till end of July, early August.

So to simply look at matches that did not end in nr is an inaccurate assessment and also, the odd day when it didn't rain and matches were played doesn't mean there was no rain.

I think we get lucky that more international cricket is not affected.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
To say the truth, the rain is slowly dampening my enthusiasm in this tournament compared to how eager I was before the tourney started.
Yeah same here.

The best scenario would have been to have the Champions Trophy in September like the 2004 which was actually a great tournament.

Invite West Indies over in June - England only need about 3 days to beat them anyway so a few rained off days wouldn't matter.

Then have the South Africa series in July-August

Champions Trophy in September.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to know what makes you think the UK gets less rain in September than June??

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact that from memory, less matches in September have been called off due to rain.

I don't remember a lot of CT 2004 being called off, nor do I remember any ODIs last year being called off, or the year before, or the year before in that period.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I think that gives the mm not number of actual days of rain.... which don't necessarily correlate.

cnerd123

likes this
Can't argue with the stats. The solution is simple. Let's just never play cricket in England again.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't they play cricket in Melbourne in December??

average-raindays-australia-melbourne.png

And the Kiwis can stop ****ing complaining too.......

average-raindays-new-zealand-auckland.png

Burgey

Loses more days play than anywhere but Manchester iirc. Should be justification for lower scg membership rates.

Mind you, living in a place big enough that one cloud doesn't wash out every match in the country has its benefits

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
These stats might be fun and all but the only weather stat that is relevant is:
How many playable hours of cricket are there between 10:30 am and 5:30 pm?

Flem274*

123/5
using auckland as a measure of rain in nz is like using hamilton as a measure of ***ual health or tauranga as a measure of average age

Bijed

International Regular
First beats him in the BOTM final and then calls his posting gibberish

Ruthless here from Howe. Gotta feel bad for Burgey
Come November us English are going to be left feeling miserably inferior by the Australian posters here so we might as well get one up on them whilst we can