• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm Up Games

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka just played Scotland. While it's listed on Cricinfo under Sri Lanka's tour of England, that doesn't make much sense. They do, however, have two more ODIs coming up, one each against Australia and New Zealand.

Scotland were victorious chasing 288 with centuries from both openers, Matthew Cross and Kyle Coetzer. They chased the target down in 42.5 overs. Fantastic stuff from the Scots!
1st Match: Scotland v Sri Lanka at Beckenham, May 21, 2017 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

The official warm up games begin on May 26 with Australia playing Sri Lanka at The Oval.
May 27 sees Bangladesh vs Pakistan at Edgbaston.
May 28 has India vs New Zealand at The Oval.
May 29 has Australia vs Pakistan at Edgbaston again.
May 30 sees India vs Bangladesh at The Oval.
And lastly, another game on the 30th has New Zealand vs Sri Lanka at Edgbaston.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
not considered as a full international game apparently ( thankfully ). Also pleased to say it was back to normal in the second game with us winning by nine wickets..quite interesting though that Mathews sat out the second game and Tharanga skippered and we had such a turnaround..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Will the Warm Ups get broadcast?

Fri May 26 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 17:30 HKT)
Australia v Sri Lanka
Kennington Oval, London

LIVE Sat May 27 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 17:30 HKT)
Bangladesh v Pakistan
Edgbaston, Birmingham

LIVE Sun May 28 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 17:30 HKT)
India v New Zealand
Kennington Oval, London

LIVE Mon May 29 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 17:30 HKT)
Australia v Pakistan
Edgbaston, Birmingham

LIVE Tue May 30 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 17:30 HKT)
India v Bangladesh
Kennington Oval, London

LIVE Tue May 30 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 17:30 HKT)
New Zealand v Sri Lanka
Edgbaston, Birmingham

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pattinson going the journey in a warmup game increases Australia's chances in the tournament I'd say.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
why is he even in the squad?
That's difficult to say as I don't especially hate him being in the Australian setup. I guess the selectors view him as a wicket-taker and while they know he can be expensive, they will take his good days with the bad. Realistically though he just bowls too many loose deliveries in his search for wickets, that I can't see him going for under 60 from his 10 unless we are dominating. Starc will come in for him when the Tournament starts proper.

Three wickets for Henriques. Has quite a good economy rate in ODIs and List A of 5.
I was surprised seeing Henriques take 3 wickets, See his IPL numbers?

Wickets: 1 | Ave: 248.00 | SR: 144.0 | RPO 10.33