• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your XIs for each CT Team

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
On what basis are you picking Lynn? His international t20 run is subpar and he only has one ODI. If you are picking him simply based on the IPL then it would be a massive problem because the quality of bowlers he is going to come up against in his group are going to be better. Finch on the other hand has 7 ODI centuries and although his recent form has been off, initially I'd rather go with the experienced man than someone who may or may not do well at the highest level.
If you look at my initial team Chris Lynn did not make my XI. I'm definitely not judging Lynn purely on IPL no idea why anyone would suggest that?

You previously said "I'd play Finch simply because of the ability to hit hard although he has not been the most consistent cricketer around" so I explained why I thought that was a flawed reason as Chris Lynn is known as a hard hitter too.

I picked Finch but I can understand the selectors logic of playing Lynn ahead of him because that is exactly what they did on Lynn's debut. Lynn of course got injured so he hasn't had another opportunity and Finch hasn't actually featured in a best ODI XI for a while.

Shady Slim

International Coach
while i don't like head's... er, head... i'm fine with him in the team as a pure batsman but smith has a hard on for his ****** bowling and i disagree, maxwell is a better relief spinner who can actually get real wickets and not jammy slogging wickets (all wickets are wickets i suppose but head as a bowler grosses me out)

in terms of bones i have to pick with inevitable selections for teams that aren't australia wayne parnell sucks and i don't think ravi ashwin will do all that brilliantly either

Shady Slim

International Coach
oh he's not going to suck by any means but my shady slim hot take is he isn't going to excel

if india just go in with one spinner and don't pick him and jadeja they're signing their own death warrant though

tobe_ornot2

Banned
If you look at my initial team Chris Lynn did not make my XI. I'm definitely not judging Lynn purely on IPL no idea why anyone would suggest that?

You previously said "I'd play Finch simply because of the ability to hit hard although he has not been the most consistent cricketer around" so I explained why I thought that was a flawed reason as Chris Lynn is known as a hard hitter too.

I picked Finch but I can understand the selectors logic of playing Lynn ahead of him because that is exactly what they did on Lynn's debut. Lynn of course got injured so he hasn't had another opportunity and Finch hasn't actually featured in a best ODI XI for a while.
Fair enough. BUt I also mean, Finch hits hard and has proven it at the international level and I feel Lynn being dropped into a major ICC tourney would be risky but hey, try him out against Bangladesh by all means. NO harm in that.

while i don't like head's... er, head... i'm fine with him in the team as a pure batsman but smith has a hard on for his ****** bowling and i disagree, maxwell is a better relief spinner who can actually get real wickets and not jammy slogging wickets (all wickets are wickets i suppose but head as a bowler grosses me out)

in terms of bones i have to pick with inevitable selections for teams that aren't australia wayne parnell sucks and i don't think ravi ashwin will do all that brilliantly either
Parnell is a pretty good ODI bowler and averages 28, which in this day and age is very good. I have never understood the criticism around him as an ODI player, especially considering he adds depth to the batting. Ashwin on the other hand is far below his test level in ODIs and I just don't think he is good neough for the flat, often turn-less pitches in England and there are other, better options for India at the moment.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sri Lanka

1. Dickwella
2. Tharanga
3. Mendis
4. Chandimal
5. Gunaratne
6. Mathews
7. Perera/Perera
8. Kulasekera
9. Prasanna
10 Lakmal
11. Malinga

Unsure which Perera to include - I guess Thisara just in front as you might not want 10 overs from Mathews/Gunaratne.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Sri Lanka

1. Dickwella
2. Tharanga
3. Mendis
4. Chandimal
5. Gunaratne
6. Mathews
7. Perera/Perera
8. Kulasekera
9. Prasanna
10 Lakmal
11. Malinga

Unsure which Perera to include - I guess Thisara just in front as you might not want 10 overs from Mathews/Gunaratne.
This is probably the worst Sri Lankan side in my lifetime. I can't imagine them winning a game this CT tbh. In terms of thisara, I'd include him, he is better than most of their bowlers...which leads me to wonder why Herath is not in the squad. I know he hasn't played for a while but I'd rate him better than most of the younger spinners coming through the SL system these days.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Sri Lanka and NZ

I'm going to try my hand at SL:

1. Tharanga
2. Dickwella (I'm not sure if I'd have him as keeper but he strikes it well up the order)
3. K. Mendis (whatever happened to the other Mendis? this guy supposedly keeps too but I don't think I've ever seen him)
4. Matthews c (as captain of an inexperienced team, he needs to take responsibility)
5. Chandimal wk? (yet another possible keeper and their most experienced)
6. Gunaratne
7. Prasanna (bat a bit, bowl a bit)
8. T. Parrera
9. Lakmal
10. Malinga
11. Sandakan

A team almost entirely made of "bits and pieces" cricketers.

NZ:

1. Guptill
2. Latham
3. Williamson c
4. Taylor
5. Broom
6. Ronchi wk
7. Anderson
8. De Grandhomme
9. Southee
10. McClenaghan
11. Boult

Latham is a bit iffy so the opening pair is weak, although Guptill is the first name on any team sheet alongside Williamson. One of Southee, Homme or McC can swap out for a spinner if need be. A flexible, at times hard hitting side here. I expect them to do well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Neesham
Anderson
Ronchi (+)
Santner
Southee
McClenenenenen
Boult

Broom
CDG
Milne
Jeets

Would be my side, actually a little confused as to why I thought Munro, Bennett and Henry were in the team. I'd happily leave Ronchi out but I don't think having Latham keep and playing CDG/Broom or a bowler adds anything.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pak Vs SL will be so good.. Both very young teams and trying to move on from the previous generation legends and their shadows. I actually think Sri Lanka will do better than what most people here seem to think. Their seamers can be devastating on their day and really, they only need 2 of them to click over these 4 games to deliver a couple of upsets.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Pak Vs SL will be so good.. Both very young teams and trying to move on from the previous generation legends and their shadows. I actually think Sri Lanka will do better than what most people here seem to think. Their seamers can be devastating on their day and really, they only need 2 of them to click over these 4 games to deliver a couple of upsets.
In a tournament of this nature where you can only really afford one loss, anything can happen. I still believe this is the weakest SL squad of the last 20+ years BUT Pakistan aren't exactly looking like world beaters so yes, it could be very close. I still expect Pakistan to win and if Azam, Hafeez, Malik and Sarfraz get firing, along with Amir, Ali and Shadab Khan, it could be a comfortable win too.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What I'd like

Shikhar (Rahool is out)
Rohit
Virat
Dhoni
Kedar
Karthik
Hardik
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Yadav
Bumrah

They'll probably not have Karthik and replace him with Yuvi tho

D

Deleted member 34141

Ok I apologise in advance because some of my side are not named in the current CT team. My ideal England CT 11 are

Roy
Hales
Root
Morgan
Bairstow/Buttler
Stokes
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Wood
Mills (Tymal)

tobe_ornot2

Banned
How good is Bumrah?
He looks to be a good ODI bowler but the hype around him, especially his supposed death bowling, has largely been due to t20 form and IPL form. His only challenging ODI series was against England and he looked pretty terrible throughout. His wickets column is inflated due to the Zimb series. I think this tournament will show us a lot. Is Bumrah as good as his stats or is he as mediocre as he seems when I've seen him.