• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do we really need threads for each individual match?

Do we need individual match threads?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ImpatientLime

International Regular
If you live in a major city and eat KFC rather than seek out a good chicken shop then you are the plebbiest of the plebs.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KFC is dead set the worst food in the world. Every now and then I think it might be a good idea...........always regret it.
Yeah I always get suckered into buying one KFC meal each year with all of the cricket advertising. Every single time I swear "never again" and get suckered in 12 months later.

Long-Hop

Cricket Spectator
Thread for every group would be ideal
In most forums I've been on over the years a match thread for every match in such a competition wouldn't be worth it, depends how many fans you have of all the teams involved and whether or not they spark much debate.

I've seen some match threads garner a lot of talk, several pages just for a spell of play within an innings, and others that barely get much "in game" discussion going at all.

I'd suggest the answer is "just roll with it", and by that I mean if someone decides they want to start a thread for any given game then so be it, why bother debating whether you need one for every match or not? I've also seen a guy on the last cricket forum I was on, still am but can't access from this PC due to some technical glitch, started a thread for almost anything and everything, a lot of them gained 0-1 responses so my suggestion pending is he just has a "news thread".

So what I would have suggested had I been here earlier is have a group games thread for each group and if someone decided an individual match warranted its own thread then it would come of being and any that never "took off" could go in the group games threads................ simples!

Long-Hop

Cricket Spectator
As for KFC, think the last time I had one was 20 years ago, a Zinger Burger possibly if that is the name of a burger and of one KFC sells. It was ok, but if I'm going to get fat off eating something I'd want to enjoy it more than I did that.