Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Group B - India, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka

Dhawan is a legit gun in ODIs. Even when he is going through a tough time form-wise, he still picks it up in important games/ tourneys. There's no one in India that is better than him in the opening slot and most definitely not Rahane. It's amazing the amount of **** he gets thrown in his direction as though he's some chump averaging 30 at a SR of 70.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    Dhawan is a legit gun in ODIs. Even when he is going through a tough time form-wise, he still picks it up in important games/ tourneys. There's no one in India that is better than him in the opening slot and most definitely not Rahane. It's amazing the amount of **** he gets thrown in his direction as though he's some chump averaging 30 at a SR of 70.
    Rohit>>>>Dhawan atleast in the last few years, But I do agree he gets too much hate,
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

It's sad that Gambhir isn't given another shot, compared to Yuvraj especially. Won India the World Cup.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Yeah and Yuvraj didn't do anything in the WC...
    Shri likes this.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Is Harsh being sarcastic?
    OverratedSanity and zorax like this.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Yeah and Yuvraj didn't do anything in the WC...
    Yeah, but Gambhir's in good form. And Rohit isn't. At least should be ahead of Rahane, if nothing else.
    zorax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Yeah, but Gambhir's in good form. And Rohit isn't. At least should be ahead of Rahane, if nothing else.
    Gambhir was given a chance in test matches recently - scored an array of 0s

Dhawan is a way better option in ODIs now
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Team looks a little shaky atm. Kohli's been in piss poor form since the Australia series, Rohit's just coming back from injury, and you never know what you're going to get with Yuvraj and Dhoni. Don't mind the Dhawan inclusion much, if anything Rahane is luckier. Gotta be his last chance in ODIs now.
    Wouldn't read too much into that tbh. Different formats and all and he's not exactly a great player of spin given the conditions in that series.
    He has demonstrated in the past that when the format changes, he can turn into beast mode pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Wouldn't read too much into that tbh. Different formats and all and he's not exactly a great player of spin given the conditions in that series.
    He has demonstrated in the past that when the format changes, he can turn into beast mode pretty fast.
    I usually wouldn't but Kohli's the kind of player whose form has generally seemed to translate across formats. His slumps in ODI cricket usually come at the same time he's not doing well in tests either. Must be a confidence thing.

Also he's coming back from injury which is tough no matter the format.
    vcs likes this.

vcs
    I usually wouldn't but Kohli's the kind of player whose form has generally seemed to translate across formats. His slumps in ODI cricket usually come at the same time he's not doing well in tests either. Must be a confidence thing.

Also he's coming back from injury which is tough no matter the format.
    He also takes a lot of pride in performing in the IPL. He's been **** there also. This happened in 2014 as well, I thought he'd shrug off a poor IPL after his T20 WC heroics, but his form carried over to England.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    He also takes a lot of pride in performing in the IPL. He's been **** there also. This happened in 2014 as well, I thought he'd shrug off a poor IPL after his T20 WC heroics, but his form carried over to England.
    And in the second half of 2015... was average in the second half of the WC and sucked in tests for the rest of the year. It doesn't work the other way around, but if he's not doing well in LoIs, it usually carries over into tests.

Banned
    Ind and SA to qualify from this group. Having said that, Pak could pull off 2 upsets. They have beaten SA in the last ICC tourney and hold a 2-1 CT record over India but I just feel their team is too ageing and too inconsistent.

Pak ODI team is still 2-3 ODI guns short of being a solid side that can beat the top 3-4 ODI sides in the world '

The loss of Sharjeel is huge as he was the only guy in the country who could score at a SR of 100 plus from the start.

Azhar and Shehzad are slow starters, followed by Babar, another slow starter. You compare that with Top 3 of India or South Africa in their group or even Bangladesh.

They barely make 70 in their first 15, and 100 by the 25th over. And then they lack the power hitters down the order to make up for the lack of runs in the beginning.

So they're always playing catch up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Pak ODI team is still 2-3 ODI guns short of being a solid side that can beat the top 3-4 ODI sides in the world '

The loss of Sharjeel is huge as he was the only guy in the country who could score at a SR of 100 plus from the start.

Azhar and Shehzad are slow starters, followed by Babar, another slow starter. You compare that with Top 3 of India or South Africa in their group or even Bangladesh.

They barely make 70 in their first 15, and 100 by the 25th over. And then they lack the power hitters down the order to make up for the lack of runs in the beginning.

So they're always playing catch up.
    I agree somewhat but we have to remember that a lot of the Indian batting order has yet to come into top form. I'm not sure how some of them are playing in the IPL but I've heard lots of good things about Gambhir and yet he is not in the squad. Somehow, MS and Yuvi have made it in. Also I remember a stat being run in the last Pak/WI ODI series and I don't remember India being all that high up in rr for ODI cricket. I think NZ, Aus and Eng topped out but I may be wrong.

India might be behind those teams in terms of RR but compare this top order with Pakistans'

Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli

Azhar
    Shehzad
    Babar

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information