• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Australia, Bangladesh, England, New Zealand

James

Cricket Web Owner
1 June 2017
England v Bangladesh
The Oval, London

2 June 2017
Australia v New Zealand
Edgbaston, Birmingham

5 June 2017
Australia v Bangladesh
The Oval, London

6 June 2017
England v New Zealand
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

9 June 2017
New Zealand v Bangladesh
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

10 June 2017
England v Australia
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Howe_zat

Audio File
Luckily India are in the other group so he always knows who to support.

This group will be much more competetive than the other, which has two favourites and two ordinary teams. Don't really know what to make of NZ/Bangladesh.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Already tasting something awful, can't we have got a proper team to play first up? We deserve better than being in a tourney with three lightweights.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Already tasting something awful, can't we have got a proper team to play first up? We deserve better than being in a tourney with three lightweights.
That taste you're experiencing is the taste of the most over hyped bowling attack ever getting spanked all around Birmingham by Hales, Root, Buttler and their mates.

Gob

International Coach
That taste you're experiencing is the taste of the most over hyped bowling attack ever getting spanked all around Birmingham by Hales, Root, Buttler and their mates.
5-nill will be sweeter now

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
What are the pitches going to be like? I see the Aussies have picked lots of quicks + Zampa. It doesn't matter who England picks because their bowlers are all pretty useless anyway and Bangladesh will probably have lots of spinners despite improving on the pace front, while NZ will definitely pick Santner, probably pick Patel, and might even pick Sodhi.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What are the pitches going to be like? I see the Aussies have picked lots of quicks + Zampa. It doesn't matter who England picks because their bowlers are all pretty useless anyway and Bangladesh will probably have lots of spinners despite improving on the pace front, while NZ will definitely pick Santner, probably pick Patel, and might even pick Sodhi.
Not sure our bowlers will be that useless if we have a wet Summer. Our spinners yes, but Adil does bowl okay in one-day stuff.

Still, quite looking forward to this, reckon we'll pish it until the final, then find a way to **** it up, that's our MO at home (sometimes away too) when we're quite decent in Limited Overs comps.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Going to be funny then when they don't make it out the group
I'll make a 6 month avatar bet with right now that that doesn't happen!!

I think there may be an element of England fans (well probably only me actually) over rating this side, but there is definately a lot of underrating of them by everyone else. This is a very good ODI side in their own conditions, if the bowling attack is their weakness that is negated to a degree by playing at home.

We should have won the last CT in England in 2013 and this is a much better side now.

We wont necessarily win the thing, but I don't honestly see any team that should deservedly be tagged favourites ahead of us. We're as good a shout as anyone for this imo.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rough pool, could see any team advance here.
Yep. Ideally it's Bangladesh and NZ who proceed but I'd put my money on Australia and England. Hopefully it comes down to knockouts and NRR and that sort of stuff, always fun to see.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
No Sodhi and no Henry. Both of these guys would get a start for a few other ODI teams. The batting might be average and includes Ronchi!!!!, but there is plenty of bowling depth.