Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: Group A - Australia, Bangladesh, England, New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by ImpatientLime View Post
    oh i see what you did there.

i implied englands batsman may get to 500 v bangladesh but because i didn't specify it you implied that infact englands somewhat underwhelming bowling attack may come in for some welly instead. very cunning indeed. this of course all driven by the fact that you are somewhat of a flip flopping bangladesh fan.

a ha ha ha ha....
    See that makes no sense. My avvie is BD player. I supported BD over India in every match the two sides have faced in. Not once in my life have I rooted against BD. I was involved in the Nat setup for BD in Battrick, FTP and Stumped.

Flip-flopping Indian fan? Sure. Newbie bandwagoner for Hong Kong? Fair enough. But I'm as committed a BD fan as you'll ever see.

Which is why us thrashing your lot will be so much fun. I bet England still have the scars from the Test match #Dhaka2016 #NeverForget
    vcs and mr_mister like this.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post

Which is why us thrashing your lot will be so much fun. I bet England still have the scars from the Test match #Dhaka2016 #NeverForget
    It's not just that Test match you ****

28th Match, Group B: Bangladesh v England at Chittagong, Mar 11, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

James Anderson gave up on ODI cricket because he still has nightmares of Shafiul Islam tonking him over long on

33rd Match, Pool A: Bangladesh v England at Adelaide, Mar 9, 2015 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

And this is what traumatised Morgan and he opted to skip the Bangladesh tour a year later
    zorax likes this.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    See that makes no sense. My avvie is BD player. I supported BD over India in every match the two sides have faced in. Not once in my life have I rooted against BD. I was involved in the Nat setup for BD in Battrick, FTP and Stumped.

Flip-flopping Indian fan? Sure. Newbie bandwagoner for Hong Kong? Fair enough. But I'm as committed a BD fan as you'll ever see.

Who did you support here - 10th Match, First Round Group A: Bangladesh v Hong Kong at Chittagong, Mar 20, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
    indiaholic and vcs like this.

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar

yeah but you spend most of your time in match threads determined to post about how they'll go down in flames rather than actually doing well. that's the flopping
    zorax and indiaholic like this.
    I get a nod, the tiny smile that doesn't come with teeth
    Maybe you don't know who I am

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar

WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Out of interest, when does this tourney finish up? The young bloke is touring the UK from late June, he might be able to catch a game if they have time.

International Captain indiaholic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    yeah but you spend most of your time in match threads determined to post about how they'll go down in flames rather than actually doing well. that's the flopping
    90% of the time that is just an honest appraisal.
    zorax likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Heh.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Out of interest, when does this tourney finish up? The young bloke is touring the UK from late June, he might be able to catch a game if they have time.
    10th June 2017

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    But I'm as committed a BD fan as you'll ever see.
    Bollocks....you can't be. You can't be committed to a horse when you've got 2 horses in the race /end of.

And how easy is it to shrug off a loss when you can play this card............

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    I feel bad for Zorax and AZH.
    Said after England were mopping up the tail in the first Banga test (and in a moment of weakness from myself not realising what would transpire in the second!!)

Yea don't feel too bad for me. I'm going to be lapping it all in when Ashwin is ripping England apart later this year.

AZH is the real victim here
    That's just ****ed up on so many levels.

Edit:

Zorax you know I'm a fan, but seriously dude you've got to sort this **** out.........for your own good matey.
    Last edited by Adders; 27-04-2017 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith
    We've had a lot of collapses in the last couple of years, I think in our last 15 games we've had 14 collapses or something like that.

How great was it when we beat England and then they toured India where we thrashed them

Follow that up with the Sri Lanka tour and Australia's visit and it was such a great summer. We'll just pretend NZ never happened

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    How great was it when we beat England and then they toured India where we thrashed them

Follow that up with the Sri Lanka tour and Australia's visit and it was such a great summer. We'll just pretend NZ never happened
    Mother****er. This is like a goddamn puzzle.
    zorax likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...

Just too many "we's" in all of this for my stomache.

To be honest, suspect England's batting more likely to go ballistic against NZ than Bangladesh.

Cricketer Of The Year straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Pilch View Post
    No Sodhi and no Henry. Both of these guys would get a start for a few other ODI teams. The batting might be average and includes Ronchi!!!!, but there is plenty of bowling depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    It's not a terrible squad. Henry's absence is a little baffling, though. Along with Boult and Milne, they make up the three best ODI fast bowlers we have - so it's a bit stupid to see him miss out. Moves I would have made:

Henry in for Southee
    Bruce in for Broom
    Blundell in for Ronchi
    Kuggeleijn in for McClenaghan
    Maybe Worker in the squad as well. Possibly for someone like Neesham or just a direct swap with Latham.
    Very rough on Sodhi, after the selectors pushed him out halfway through the last series because they'd suddenly remembered that Patel's played in England before. Henry continues to suffer for a single bad series against Australia too, though I suspect the selectors are relying on him to be in the UK playing CC anyway, for the inevitable injury callup (probably Milne).

Wicketkeeping is still a and likewise that there's no new middle order batsman; both of these were already set in stone I suppose, as they didn't trial anyone else in the recent ODI series.

The core of the team is still good enough to be competitive, though we'll need a century from someone in the top 4 in every knockout match.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information