• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

9th June - Group A - New Zealand v Bangladesh

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Bangla bowlers doing well to extract this seam movement, testing bowling.

Don't think that would have gone clearly over so good to not review.

Flem274*

123/5
they're leaking runs sure but they're one wicket away from putting the lesser part of the batting under serious pressure.

Flem274*

123/5
nah if i were in the bangladesh fan position i'd be more worried about batting than bowling. Boult and Southee obv but Worlds Fastest Gavin Larsen and the Jam Jar bowling at the death and through the middle will be tricky if they have a target to work with.

Bangladesh could take their next wicket in the 40th over and still limit nz to 250-300

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
nah if i were in the bangladesh fan position i'd be more worried about batting than bowling. Boult and Southee obv but Worlds Fastest Gavin Larsen and the Jam Jar bowling at the death and through the middle will be tricky if they have a target to work with.

Bangladesh could take their next wicket in the 40th over and still limit nz to 250-300
I agree, there's a bit of swing around and some seam movement to be extracted, so Southee and Boult with the new ball will be a challenge. Bangladesh need to do what they did in the world cup and leave/play-and-miss successfully early on, because they can make up a lot of runs towards the end against NZ's death bowling.

And yeah, they should be hoping to bowl NZ out for 70-100 more after they get the next wicket.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor plz, you don't need to be over-aggressive here. Getting to 60(80) to keep Kane company would be fine.

Flem274*

123/5
man when taylor retires, with nzs track record of replacing quality players, kane is going to be batting with watling and the tail so much

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Holy ****, these two and their running. That's literally 8 or 10 times they've been uncertain stop-start running in this partnership and this time it's done it.