• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

9th June - Group A - New Zealand v Bangladesh

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Things that can happen this match:

Guptill getting past his 237
Coriander scoring a century off 35 balls
Broom riding on a broomstick
Southee taking 8 fer

Flem274*

123/5
i'd play latham if bangledesh show up as the sitting duck version of themselves because latham's concentration issues get hidden when the opposition bowling can't sustain pressure

if bangladesh show up tho then he'll do his usual 30-60 score thing (but that's better than ronchi). i can actually see this being quite tight if bangladesh hold their nerve and get our three batsmen out cheaply.

completely agree with everyone else on the keeper issue - should have backed one of the junior players and accepted blundell/phillips/cleaver/seifert aren't the finished article because that's ok - the champions trophy is a good sighter for the world cup in two years time. so far NZ have pissed about with the 4 year development cycle.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It may sound like a crazy idea, but Williamson batting at 5 will reduce many problems with the NZ batting lineup.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It may sound like a crazy idea, but Williamson batting at 5 will reduce many problems with the NZ batting lineup.
I wanted to reply negatively to this but then I figured it's not actually the worst idea, since modern Williamson is able to strike quite highly even when he first comes to the crease.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
walrus: What will happen if this match gets washed out? Will either somehow be able to make the semifinals? BD can still get through if ENG beat AUS by a certain amount of runs/overs, right?" --- Yes, pretty much. If England beat Australia by a greater margin than they managed against Bangladesh, Bangladesh are through.
This will be epic

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hey we're about to start.

Also, this article made me feel a little sorry for Anderson.

Needs to work out what type of batsman he wants to be. But it's going to be hard for him to re-find his feet both in NZ domestic cricket and for NZ at international level. County cricket? IPL probably doesn't help his game a lot at this point.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hey we're about to start.

Also, this article made me feel a little sorry for Anderson.

Needs to work out what type of batsman he wants to be. But it's going to be hard for him to re-find his feet both in NZ domestic cricket and for NZ at international level. County cricket? IPL probably doesn't help his game a lot at this point.
Thought Kimber did a pretty good job of mentioning the matches he has actually won for NZ. That's quite significantly better than his companions.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Aside from the 131 against WI there've been a couple of good contributions, though his averages by country still read appallingly (bar SL and WI), as does his average away from home. Furthermore, average has been decreasing rather than increasing, as opposed to Neesham's of late. Obviously intermittent injuries don't help.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea calling it now. No Mirage, flat pitch, even ronchi is scoring runs. NZ to score 350+ and dominate

Meridio

International Regular
That 16 off 18 balls enough for Ronchi to be retained for the next year. Showing great signs, really getting us off to a flyer.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Really enjoying this commentary. Standby 4, standby 1. Oooh Excited standby 5 5 5 4 8. Great insight.