• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th June - Group B - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Before the start of the tournament, when I said that, most people were like "oh England, South Africa, Australia are so much better". Even HB didn't agree with me when I said India have one of the best bowling attacks in this tournament

When did I ever rate an Indian bowling line up? :p

mackembhoy

International Debutant
One thing I don't get is why a lot of British born Indians and Pakistani's don't support England

My heritage is Scottish and Irish

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Anderson would have hopefully retired by then.
It's next summer. Jimmeh is not retiring in a year's time is he? But then again, with an away Ashes this year..with memories of Bailey taking him for 28 runs, he just might

91Jmay

International Coach
One thing I don't get is why a lot of British born Indians and Pakistani's don't support England

Loads of people whose granddad once had a Guinness claim to be Irish as well. It is a natural human thing to associate with a more unique cultural identifier - especially when in the 70s/80s racism was so prevalent meaning Asian communities had to rally around each other. Kids are brought up in the same tradition.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

I think it has to do with how they get introduced to the game? I am sure most of these kids support England in football because they would have been introduced to it in school or the mainstream culture. Cricket - they would have been introduced to when their parents/uncles were watching/following.