• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th June - Group B - Pakistan v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

tobe_ornot2

Banned
That would be over the top at this stage. Run a ball from here puts them at 205 which is very manageable.
That doesn't make sense. They aren't looking to restrict sa, they are looking to get them out. If there's no slip and everyone is pushed back it limits what the bowlers can do.

This is what separates a top team from Pakistan. No idea how to close out the show. The leg side has one in fielder, even for a tail ender lol

91Jmay

International Coach
Really poor to not be bowling Hasan Ali. Smacks of lack of adaptability, their plan is that Junaid/Amir were going to bowl these overs so they stuck with it.

91Jmay

International Coach
That doesn't make sense. They aren't looking to restrict sa, they are looking to get them out. If there's no slip and everyone is pushed back it limits what the bowlers can do.

This is what separates a top team from Pakistan. No idea how to close out the show. The leg side has one in fielder, even for a tail ender lol
ODI is all about restricting sides. If you bring field in and SA slap boundaries but are bowled out for 220 that is worse than restricting them to 205-8. Basic stuff.

Very few, if any ODI sides would have slip in at this stage. England didn't have one against NZ when having a big lead bowling to tail yesterday. Boundary fielders are catching fielders in this type of situation. As Morris wicket showed.

Last edited:

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Very little lateral thinking from Sarfraz here. That leg side field has given away 30 or so runs in the last 6 or 7 overs. Bad bad bad.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Just bad captaincy this. No Ali, no slips, have sa completely strangled and yet let them and I do mean, let them reach 200.

Sarfraz disappoints me the more I see of him.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bowling 6 straight at the death for Amir is just such bad captaincy. All momentum with SA now. 230 very possible.

91Jmay

International Coach
Just bad captaincy this. No Ali, no slips, have sa completely strangled and yet let them and I do mean, let them reach 200.

Sarfraz disappoints me the more I see of him.
No slips? You still wobbling on about this? You want Rabada to hit boundaries and find twos easier?