• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th June - Group B - India v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
I means, ofc it's easy to pick a strong XI if you're just going to ignore who we actually have the in the squad.

Ashwin is going to play and they're not going to drop him. If we fit him in I'd rather he bat up the order than down. He's useless down the order.

Krunal Pandya definitely worth a look in at some point tho. Who else do we have who can slog a bit and bowl some quiet overs of spin?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
None who bowl offies it seems. We can try Piyush or Kuldeep but neither of them are that consistent with the bat, unless we split them up next IPL and see if they can handle batting at 7 or so for their franchises. Our domestic LO comp is not that challenging and its hard to figure out who is good and who is not. Ideally, I would say this tourney should be a swansong for both Yuvi and Mahi and we ramp up the side with the 2019 WC in mind.

Dhawan
Rohit (vc)
Virat (c)
Raina
Jadhav
Pant (wk)
Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Shami/Umesh
Bumrah

srbhkshk

International Captain
If Yuvi is not gonna make it to the XI for the first game and if we wanna get fancy, I will actually be ok with this XI...

Rohit (vc)
Dhawan
Virat (c)
Ashwin
MSD (wk)
Jadhav
Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah
Almost what I was thinking, Ashwin is not a slogger so his batting gets wasted at the end. Only difference is that since we already have 5 bowlers, I will play Yuvi over Pandya and reshuffle the batting a bit (could even drop Dhawan and get Ashwin to open :D )

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually Ashwin has not been a regular in LO playing XI in the recent past. Got dropped in the Australia series as well. So definitely he is not 'undroppable'

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Dropping Ashwin solves a lot of problem

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Rahane
MSD
Jadhav
Pandya
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Shami
Yadav/Bumrah

5 bowlers and some filth from Jadhav with batting till 8. Bhuvi is a bit useless at 9, probably will come in handy if we need like 50 runs in the last 8 overs in a run chase with a set batsman at the other end or something.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Yadav/Bumrah
In terms of their roles in the teams I'd say it's better to have Yadav/Shami because neither is as good as Bumrah at death, I expect the team management to solve this problem by dropping Bhuvi though. :P

smash84

The Tiger King
Not sure if weldone actually believes Pakistan will win. If he does put his money where his mouth is then he might actually make a good amount of.money if Pakistan pull it off. What are the current odds being offered by bookies?

srbhkshk

International Captain
Not sure if weldone actually believes Pakistan will win. If he does put his money where his mouth is then he might actually make a good amount of.money if Pakistan pull it off. What are the current odds being offered by bookies?
Betfair has approx. 3:2 for India and 3:1 for Pakistan.

Coming to the match, the typical feeling here is that there's a chance that our out of form + aging batting could simply collapse and the bowlers won't be able to do enough in that case. If it's a normal match without any drastic collapse from either side, India wins 9/10.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rahane is a fine batsman technically. He has to play. Gives solidity to the line up. I would have him rather than Jadhav and have him bat at 4.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Rahane is a fine batsman technically. He has to play. Gives solidity to the line up. I would have him rather than Jadhav and have him bat at 4.
Rahane averages 32 after having played 73 ODIs, exactly what kind of Solidity is that?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd rather Raina than Rahane if the latter is going to be batting anywhere besides opening. Too bad he's not in the squad.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rahane averages 32 after having played 73 ODIs, exactly what kind of Solidity is that?
Averages 40 in 2015, 35 in 2016. He has improved as a batsman in the last two years. Can bat well away from Asia. At least I know that he won't give his wicket away. That's solidity compared to other options like Yuvraj and Jadhav (who is unproven in ODIs).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sachin used to throw his wicket away in ODIs while Sanjay Manjrekar never did back when they were both the youngsters in the Indian middle order.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Averages 40 in 2015, 35 in 2016. He has improved as a batsman in the last two years. Can bat well away from Asia. At least I know that he won't give his wicket away. That's solidity compared to other options like Yuvraj and Jadhav (who is unproven in ODIs).
Rahane is proven in ODIs? And how is is averaging 35 in 2016 any sort of improvement?
What's the point of batting well away from Asia if you are just crap in general?
How is averaging 32 equal to "Not throwing your wicket away", are you saying he is so crap that even after trying his best to not get out he is still averaging 35?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rahane is proven in ODIs? And how is is averaging 35 in 2016 any sort of improvement?
What's the point of batting well away from Asia if you are just crap in general?
How is averaging 32 equal to "Not throwing your wicket away", are you saying he is so crap that even after trying his best to not get out he is still averaging 35?
As this tournament is being played away from Asia, it's relevant.