• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th June - Group B - India v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Shri

Mr. Glass
Our bowlers are in good touch. We should defend anything over 250 easily. Bhuvi, Bumrah, Yadav, Jadeja and Ashwin is a pretty good attack.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Our bowlers are in good touch. We should defend anything over 250 easily. Bhuvi, Bumrah, Yadav, Jadeja and Ashwin is a pretty good attack.
All five aren't in the XI at the same time though, right? Although I wouldn't mind that as such, Ashwin coming in at 7 after Dhoni at 6 doesn't inspire confidence right now.

Spark

Global Moderator
Even an ATG standard attack wouldn't defend a 270-ish score "easily" on some of the pitches we've seen in England ODIs in the last few years.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Even an ATG standard attack wouldn't defend a 270-ish score "easily" on some of the pitches we've seen in England ODIs in the last few years.
Bhuvi is swinging it well atm and Bumrah is sending down pinpoint yorkers at will. Umesh is in serious form as well. Lot of reasons to feel optimistic though our spinners might stink it up. Weird time to be a fan of Indian bowling.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pandya and Jadhav are locks for #6 and #7 in the batting order. So they will be our fifth bowlers, along with Yuvi. Its gonna be Umesh and Bumrah playing the first game. Virat will not drop Umesh.

Shri

Mr. Glass
1. R Sharma
2. S Dhawan
3. V Kohli
4. Y Singh
5. MS Dhoni
6. K Jadhav
7. H Pandya
8. R Jadeja
9. R Ashwin
10. U Yadav
11. J Bumrah

I would drop Ashwin and play Bhuvi tbh.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, no Umesh please. He has developed into a very good test bowler - but in IPL he reverted to that 'one legside pie per over' mode.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Just saw a very interesting stat on Sky, since the end of the world cup 2015, both Pakistan and India have scroed 8 scores of 300 or more. England lead the way with a whopping 20! So maybe the myth of Pakistan not batting like a modern ODI side is just that, a myth. Then again, It would be interesting to see what the highest scores by these sides are. Again, I believe the likes of England and SA would comeo ut tops, especially against better teams.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Depends on the opposition - against the Australia, South Africa, England and and possibly Bangladesh and NZ? - No.

Pakistan is not a team that chases 250+ scores down regularly. SL right now are probably even worse as an ODI side.

These are the two teams in their group. Against South Africa it won't work but then again, South Africa are also pretty average at chasing.

Also, I'll be interested to see the pitches. Yes ODIs in England have seen some mammoth totals in the last 2 years but then again, we are always told June in England has something for the seamers.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
This season the tracks seem pretty flat. There's been a lot of high scoring draws in county cricket compared to what you'd expect in April/May when pitches are usually fresh and greener.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure of the fitness levels and the combination in the Playing XI but based on the squad they have selected

Shami
Yadav
Bhuvi
Bumrah
Ashwin
Jadeja

This is one of the most potent LO attacks today.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It definitely feels weird that Indian fans are less worried about their bowling attack than the batting lineup.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. I still believe.

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Yuvi
MSD

is as close to a dream batting line up as you can get as an Indian cricket fan. Replace Rohit Dhawan with Sachin Sourav, and you have our ATG ODI XI's top 5.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nah.. I still believe.

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Yuvi
MSD

is as close to a dream batting line up as you can get as an Indian cricket fan. Replace Rohit Dhawan with Sachin Sourav, and you have our ATG ODI XI's top 5.
Yuvi 10 years earlier. Today's Yuvi? Not really.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it looks good on paper, but they're all either way past their prime (MS, Yuvi), coming back from a long injury layoff (Rohit, Kohli), or just plain **** atm ( Dhawan)

Burner

International Regular
Not sure of the fitness levels and the combination in the Playing XI but based on the squad they have selected

Shami
Yadav
Bhuvi
Bumrah
Ashwin
Jadeja

This is one of the most potent LO attacks today.
I predict that Ashwin and Jadeja are going to get smoked. Both of them has not looked very potent in LOI recently and I don't think the pitches are going to have anything in there for them.

srbhkshk

International Captain
1. R Sharma
2. S Dhawan
3. V Kohli
4. Y Singh
5. MS Dhoni
6. K Jadhav
7. H Pandya
8. R Jadeja
9. R Ashwin
10. U Yadav
11. J Bumrah

I would drop Ashwin and play Bhuvi tbh.
It looks like you have picked the correct side that Kohli would pick and tbh it makes me a bit worried, one of Bhuvi/Shami needs to come in.