• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd June - Group B - Sri Lanka v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

91Jmay

International Coach
Whats his record like pre and post the don't-worry-it'll-never-happen-they'll-never-target-cricketers/sportspeople incident which no one should take into account when deciding whether or not tour somewhere?
Are you trying to make a point? I can't tell because of the giant shoehorn you are using.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Miller to smash Lanka today and people are gonna go "omg, Miller is unstoppable..South Africa are favourites again"

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Got shot in an incident which everyone who laughs at Australia for not touring to certain places said could never happen. Not the same since
That had absolutely nothing to do with his decline. Mendis was a finger spinner who relied on 'mystery ball' rather than variation, turn, bounce. Once his mystery was figured out, he was finished.

See also: Sunil Narine.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Finishing of innings has been dire thus far hasn't it?
Yeah it's interesting.. I wonder if it has something to do with teams trying to balance between "no score is a safe score" and Day games in June in England"

We have seen a cautious start from both Bangladesh and South Africa today, very similar direction, opener gets a hundred after a slow start, they cruise along without trouble, and then when they finally feel like they're ready, they throw it away. New Zealand started fast, but I guess thrown off by the rain break and still tried to get their 50 over target in 46 overs.

Teams are setting a target for themselves based on the 'par score' in England since 2015,then finding that they have been sent in and starting slow, and then trying desperately to make up for that in the end.

All 3 teams batting first have now finished badly. Would be interesting to see how the D/N games go

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Pretty ordinary from Morris. He soaks to many dot balls for a finisher. A spot too high really

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
FMD these 50 overs have taken ages, how long will the break of innings be? SAF end up 15 runs short of the 314 I predicted.

91Jmay

International Coach
FMD these 50 overs have taken ages, how will the break of innings be? SAF end up 15 runs short of the 314 I predicted.
4 hours!

Yep, SA a decent total. Duminy great hand at the end made up for poor play from Morris/Miller/Parnell

91Jmay

International Coach
Sri Lankan skipper needs to be banned next game. I'm sorry, a fine means nothing and that innings was a disgrace.