• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd June - Group B - Sri Lanka v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sat Jun 3 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 19:30 AEST | 19:00 ACST | 17:30 AWST)

Group B - Sri Lanka v South Africa
Kennington Oval, London

tobe_ornot2

Banned
This hsould be a more active thread.

SA to win but SL have often performed at their best when they have been counted out. Still difficult to pick against Amla and co but as always, I'll be rooting for an underdog upset (unlikely lol)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This hsould be a more active thread.

SA to win but SL have often performed at their best when they have been counted out. Still difficult to pick against Amla and co but as always, I'll be rooting for an underdog upset (unlikely lol)
We have a small number of South African and Lankan fans compared to the Big 3.

Bahseph

State Captain
Good to see Morkel picked. Just on a side note, Mathews surely has to give up bowling now. Atleast on a fulltime basis. Too many calf and hamstring issues.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I like the idea of handing over the captaincy to tharanga or someone permanently and play mathews as a player when he is fit

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The game is so batsman friendly that I would be more trigger happy if umpiring these games. That really was a great ball, deserved an early wicket.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think we are going to see slower starts in the day games as teams take the cautious approach against the new ball, especially if sent in

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I think we are going to see slower starts in the day games as teams take the cautious approach against the new ball, especially if sent in
might be justified keeping wickets in hand if it's swinging early like in the last world cup, but it's not and pitches are very roady, so I think this is too conservative by SA

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I like the idea of handing over the captaincy to tharanga or someone permanently and play mathews as a player when he is fit
Tharanga has seemed a decent captain to me whenever I've seen him, too. I don't really rate his batting though which is obviously a problem.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
We have a small number of South African and Lankan fans compared to the Big 3.
Shouldn't be a problem. I'm neither but this is an intriguing match up and cricket fans should be talking about it.

Plus we've seen the big three was nothing more than a myth lol

might be justified keeping wickets in hand if it's swinging early like in the last world cup, but it's not and pitches are very roady, so I think this is too conservative by SA

The pitch has been softer, and nowhere near the flat roads we've seen since forever at the oval. But yeah maybe sa are a bit too slow.