• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd June - Group A - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Australia

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgey, noun

something once considered funny, that has now lost it's sheen and humour.
Look, it's better being a has-been than a never-was.

And sorry, but Birmingham really *is* a **** hole. I've been there, had the misfortune to spend time there. It's awful. The worst city I've been to in England by miles.

Last edited:

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Am away from the tv for some time today, viewing houses...so need some half decent comments on the game, which I know will be hard for some(mentioning no names :ph34r:). There's enough decent aussies and kiwis hopefully to keep me up to date, with some decent humour thrown in....:phone1:

Long-Hop

Cricket Spectator
Their last and only head to head in brummyland was no result, kiwis were 51/2 chasing aussies 243/8. One of those situations where 65 overs were bowled, only 20 per side needed for a result, and unless no rain was forecast little sense was applied to try and make sure they got a complete game.

I hate spectators not seeing as many overs as possible, but if you know rains coming is it wise to try and bowl 100 overs, and is it even remotely wise to see one side bat 50 and the other fall desperately close to the 20 overs needed for a result? Regional weather forecast for Edgbaston suggests rain at 11 and 12 with it returning around 6-8

If I were in charge I'd be considering 35 overs a side max, and that from the off. Be easier to make that call if the rain arrives early in the day's planned play. At least if you plan for a shorter game you don't see one side bat 50 overs with the other unable to reach 20, and both sides set out for a shorter game so it's less of a disadvantage to the side batting first (as they'll be planning to bat around 30-35 overs not setting their stall out for 50) Not to mention impact on bowler allocations, I certainly think cricket's approach to rain affected ODIs should be looked at long and hard.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Getting vibes that Pattinson won't be playing. Good. Should've stayed playing county cricket.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Might be a delayed start as there is a rain band passing over the UK (it's raining in south wales atm) but fair for the rest of the day.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome, only just realized this was on tonight, great time for the gf to be in Aust.

Anyone else get the feeling it's Guptill or bust for NZ?

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
on a flat pitch it is for sure. A seamer tougth batting consituons increase the realativw effectiveness of the kiwi top order.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Aussies are the team I'm fearing most this tourny so I'm keen to see how this bowling attack goes tonight.