• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions Trophy 2017

91Jmay

International Coach
Groups announced:

Group A: Australia, New Zealand, England and Bangladesh

Group B: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa

15 matches in 18 days.

Cardiff, the Oval and the best ground in the country (Edgbaston)

Reckon it will be a belting tournament.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Almost identical groups as last time, except SL instead of WI in India's group and Bangladesh taking SL's place in the other group.

Expect England to win, beating SA in the final.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This should be the ultimate test for Dhoni. If he (and the team) fails here, get rid of his captaincy before the 2019 WC.

Daemon

Pretty much all the teams besides SL and Australia are somewhere near the best they've been in the last few years, and even then a Starc led Australia is pretty strong. Should be good.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
no west indies is great for england.

couldn't beat those guys in a major limited overs final if our lives depended on it.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I think that SA was going to be the venue until the recent embargo on international events in SA...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Why do India and Pakistan end up in the same group so often? I smell an ICC conspiracy to profit off the ratings.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's in England again because like the 2013 tournament, they were trying to get a World Test Cup in England moving but it didn't work out.

TheJediBrah

Big Three buddy. Only India, England, and Australia are hosting any ICC events until 2020 I think.
Well Australia has literally only hosted 1 ICC event (2015 world cup) in the last 20 years

which is ridiculous when you think about it

91Jmay

International Coach
I think that SA was going to be the venue until the recent embargo on international events in SA...
It has been scheduled in England long before that embargo. SA is not an attractive destination for cricket. Barely sell out SA games, let alone other teams.