• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions Trophy 2017

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Come on. It's a farce. Because the draw is seeded 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 in separate groups, it literally means half the draw is set in stone. How teams match up against each other is pretty significant and is supposed to be, and presented as random when in actual fact it's fixed in a way that could benefit or disadvantage certain teams.

cnerd123

likes this
It's extremely unfair to Pakistan because they get a loss on the board before the tournament even begins.
Yea. It's not even entertaining anymore.

However, drawing BD in the same group as India each time would be a lot more fun.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Come on. It's a farce. Because the draw is seeded 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 in separate groups, it literally means half the draw is set in stone. How teams match up against each other is pretty significant and is supposed to be, and presented as random when in actual fact it's fixed in a way that could benefit or disadvantage certain teams.
but does it really?

Shady Slim

International Coach
Team ranked 9 had plenty of opportunity to play a part. Just had to have a better ODI record than Bangladesh or Pakistan, which is really not difficult.
hang on a second but didn't pakistan pull the pin on an ODI series with the windies because if the windies won it may have slid them up the rankings?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
ICC in unfit for purpose shocker.

England will face a convicted match fixer and drug cheat later this summer and lost the T20 final to a team with a convicted fixer and a player who cbf with drug tests. That they're rigging their own tournaments shouldn't be a surprise at all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
ICC in unfit for purpose shocker.

England will face a convicted match fixer and drug cheat later this summer and lost the T20 final to a team with a convicted fixer and a player who cbf with drug tests. That they're rigging their own tournaments shouldn't be a surprise at all.
Really? Which Windies players are you talking about? Samuels and?

morgieb

Did Samuels actually fix though? I know he had illegal involvement with bookies but I don't think he ever fix matches AFAIK? (because otherwise he'd get more than 2 years)

vcs

Yes, the team that won 4 out of the last 5 World Cups and 2 out of the last 3 Champions Trophies is notorious for their choking.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Groups announced:

Group A: Australia, New Zealand, England and Bangladesh

Group B: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa

Above me are the official groups. This is how I predict they will look at the end of the group stage:

Group A: Aus, Eng, NZ, Bang

Group B: Ind, SA, Pak, SL

The semis: Aus v SA (Aus win) and Ind v Eng (Eng win)

The final: Aus v Eng - Aus win

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Oh God Australia vs England in the final would be one boring match.I would pretty much prefer Aus vs SA in the final
Why would it be boring? It is the second biggest rivalry in the sport, the tourney is being held in England so the crowd would be rocking and these are teh two teams with the best all round sides imo.

Firebreaker

Banned
Why would it be boring? It is the second biggest rivalry in the sport, the tourney is being held in England so the crowd would be rocking and these are teh two teams with the best all round sides imo.
Teams will already play each other in group stages.History has it that repeated games are often boring regardless of the sport

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Teams will already play each other in group stages.History has it that repeated games are often boring regardless of the sport
Huge endeavour undertaken by Firebreaker here to try and nullify the Federer-Nadal rivalry.

Though I suppose the best example from cricket would be Windies-India from the '83 WC.

Last edited: